Our valued sponsor

Can our company directly pay our Mortgage payments?

stevy777

Jul 4, 2021
Antartica
Visit site
I'm wondering can our company, own the house we live in and pay directly the mortgage payments? Note i'm a resident of the place the company is incorporated.

This would be useful , instead of distributing the money to me that i have to pay tax on, if the company pays the mortgage it's paying with tax free money.

Is this possible?

If the company owns the house, it can and should of course pay the mortgage.

You need to pay rent to your company in order to live in the house though, the rent should be in line with the current market price.

If the company owns the house, it can and should of course pay the mortgage.

You need to pay rent to your company in order to live in the house though, the rent should be in line with the current market price.
As long as the company gives me money to pay the rent …

makes me wonder about a car the company is paying the loan for .. I have to pay the company too then ?

does having a house / car owned by the company (who pays the mortgage or loan) practically work for anyone ?

As long as the company gives me money to pay the rent …

makes me wonder about a car the company is paying the loan for .. I have to pay the company too then ?

does having a house / car owned by the company (who pays the mortgage or loan) practically work for anyone ?

it all depends in which country the company are incorporated in, different laws... You need to pay some kind of tax for using the companys car for non business related driving. And you need to rent the house and pay rent to your company with taxed money.

Reactions: Martin Everson
have done it like this with one of my larger companies for a few years already, works fine.

Yes, the company could rent an office from you. Be aware of the tax risk though - your company having an office there could trigger a tax liability for the company, at least in theory.
Then again, if your company just pays for your mortgage, that's clearly a tax risk, too, both on the company and personal level.

Latest Threads