Our valued sponsor

Can we add our International Debit card to the paypal account ?

naturelover

Offshore Agent
May 20, 2009
Visit site
I like to add my HDFC International Debit card to my paypal account , but I am not able to do it, some error is showing that my card cannot be added, I just want to know whether Debit card can be added or only Credit card alone is accepted to add into ma account ?

I add my Visa Card from Germany and also tried with the card I got for the Cyprus bank, both cards works simply just fine in my PayPal account.... Maybe there is something wrong with the banks way to issue the cards you have.

Research the cards which Paypal accepts because they have a list of compatible banks. i have a debit card here in the Philippines and it doesn't work for Paypal.

___

It is my passion to share taxes tips

Last edited by a moderator:
naturelover said:
I like to add my HDFC International Debit card to my paypal account , but I am not able to do it, some error is showing that my card cannot be added, I just want to know whether Debit card can be added or only Credit card alone is accepted to add into ma account ?
I don't think Paypal allow any transaction with an international debit card. They accept only credit cards. I have tried it by using my Visa electron debit card issued by Bank of India, but it doesn't work.

My brother tried adding his debit card onto paypal ( he wanted to use some money for an online browser game :D ) but paypal didn't accept. I don't think it accepts debit cards.

You'll have to ask the support maybe. I'll ask my brother if he was successful.

I'll be applying for a credit card now :D cos I don't want to face such problems when I need online transactions.

bluet said:
It accept debit card but only certain debit card, so you should check their list first. Or you can just use a vcc instead, its better and faster too
I don't think so. If its accepting transaction through a particular bank account, then its obvious that it will also accept International visa debit card of that bank too. I think currently they don't have a policy to accept any debit card and they are restricting themselves with credit card only.

Latest Threads