Our valued sponsor

Can you recommend a stock trading investment platform (for users worldwide)

my account with them lasted one month, it was closed for undisclosed reasons.

But this is normal for you. All your accounts get closed.

Nono I have my multiple IBKR accounts for years and CS didn’t close my account :p

CS could not afford to close your account probably - they are desperate :D .

I also want to vouch for IBKR, one of the best platforms in my opinion. For every product you want to trade, just tick extensive knowledge and 2-3 years of experience and you're good to go. What is also quite nice about them is that you can only allow your account to trade stocks long or for example have a margin account that can short as well, but won't be able to trade options. Found some of my best trades on IBKR in exotic warrants that I could not buy at other stock trading outlets.

I also want to vouch for IBKR, one of the best platforms in my opinion. For every product you want to trade, just tick extensive knowledge and 2-3 years of experience and you're good to go. What is also quite nice about them is that you can only allow your account to trade stocks long or for example have a margin account that can short as well, but won't be able to trade options. Found some of my best trades on IBKR in exotic warrants that I could not buy at other stock trading outlets.
I want to open an account and wouldn't have known not to write self-employed as an occupation (like the guy in the other thread) SO it's better to file as employed by your own company than to write self-employed?
What about proof of funds? Most funds would come from Paypal or from Wise. Any recommendation on how to open the account and not raise flags? How easy is it to withdraw funds later on?
Do you recommend opening a personal account or corp account (offshore or from a non-resident US-LLC)?
Thanks

I want to open an account and wouldn't have known not to write self-employed as an occupation (like the guy in the other thread) SO it's better to file as employed by your own company than to write self-employed?
What about proof of funds? Most funds would come from Paypal or from Wise. Any recommendation on how to open the account and not raise flags? How easy is it to withdraw funds later on?
Do you recommend opening a personal account or corp account (offshore or from a non-resident US-LLC)?
Thanks
I have it set to self-employed without any problems. Never had problems with proof of funds, I would use a Revolut or similar to fund the account from the same IBAN. I always fund in USD to not have to swap EUR for USD on IB itself.

It depends on your nationality and amount of funds, but I never had problems with depositing a few K per month and withdrawals but I am from a rich Western country and had an inheritance when I became of legal age and opened the account.

I would just tick boxes for tons of experience, tell them the money is from inheritance and income. If you plan to fund the account with more than 100K you might get asked for source of funds, I am not the person who can advice you on how to avoid that check in the first place. It really depends on the situation.

Also not able to enlighten you on this. If you are from a low-income country and 26 years old and show up with 80K they might want to know how you earned it.

All I can say is that IB is a world-class broker which I have never had any problems with whatsoever. And don't stress about those questions too much, you can lie all you want and it won't matter. IB is not the type of broker to freeze your account and steal the money.

Reactions: Deepbarrels
IBKR invested in them as far as I remember

Danish EMI (so EU residents only), trading platform provided by Saxo Bank

Latest Threads