Our valued sponsor

Can you use FBME Tanzania or those accounts are frozen as well?

davideu

Mar 5, 2017
Visit site
Hi! I have an account with FBME Tanzania (not with their Cyprus branch). I have opened it in 2013, just a year before the Cypriots made this mess. What happened to your money if you have it with FBME Tanzania and not with FBME Cyprus? I guess they lost both their EUR and USD correspondence accounts and/or their those got frozen with their clients' money on it.

Is there any way to transfer my money out of my Tanzanian account? If I can't access my money, then may I ask the Cypriots within the deposit protection scheme to indemnify me? It would strange though since I never had an account in Cyprus.

Reactions: JohnLocke
As fars as I remember the Bank in Tanzania and the branch in Cyprus are independent and have nothing with each other to do. That's why it was possible, back then, to get these debit card without trailing logs!

Unfortunately I assume your money is gone. But let's hope someone else may know better :)

All I could get is a bank statement. Since then they don't answer to any of my emails. When I asked them how could I use my account then they disappeared. Simple as that. I have sent them dozens of emails to several different addresses. No response at all. I guess they're going to take my money but who knows.

Latest Threads