Our valued sponsor

Can you use offshore company and bank account in UAE if you are online stock/cryptocurrency trader?

assassin7

Dec 3, 2017
Visit site
Can you use offshore company and bank account in UAE if you are online stock/cryptocurrency trader?

Does UAE allow freezone companies owner to generate income from online stock/cryptocurrency trading and then transferring the profits to the bank account opened in UAE?

I have no idea for DUBAI.
But for RAK FREEZONE (FZE/FZC) it's everything based on your license.
If you have a FINANCIAL license you can get payment in cryptocurrency.
If you have any other license (commercial or trading) you can't.
I just asked to their broker.

Reactions: troubled soul
I have no idea for DUBAI.
But for RAK FREEZONE (FZE/FZC) it's everything based on your license.
If you have a FINANCIAL license you can get payment in cryptocurrency.
If you have any other license (commercial or trading) you can't.
I just asked to their broker.

Thanks, I talked to an online company formation service and they confirmed that cryptocurrency trading business is not supported in RAK. Looks like I'll have to find another jurisdiction.

UK, Switzerland and (Romania) offer good environment for such biz. I self have choosen Switzerland.
Switzerland is the better option for sure

I don't mind Switzerland but according to my research about Swiss company and bank account, it all seemed SUPER expensive.

Can you tell me what kind of minimum costs can I expect if I go for Switzerland?

A Swiss company will cost you 20,000 chf for a Gmbh and 50,000 chf for an AG. If you can't find 20,000 chf to start a Swiss company then Switzerland is not for you. The banks are also pretty expensive and very strict today.

Does UAE allow freezone companies owner to generate income from online stock/cryptocurrency trading and then transferring the profits to the bank account opened in UAE?
An important question.
Trading with personal or third-party funds?

An important question.
Trading with personal or third-party funds?

Personal funds. Profits from trading are a source of income for me. Personal income. No other people are involved. Just me, my funds and trading platforms. What would you suggest? I need a cheaper jurisdiction. 20000 chf, as the person above mentioned, is too expensive for me to set up a company in Swiss.

Personal funds. Profits from trading are a source of income for me. Personal income. No other people are involved. Just me, my funds and trading platforms. What would you suggest? I need a cheaper jurisdiction. 20000 chf, as the person above mentioned, is too expensive for me to set up a company in Swiss.
Kraken as exchanger?

I think you can create a company and sell your personal investments that way. The problem would be if you deal with third-party funds.
Indeed. Private investments you may do regardless what situation you are in, third party investments and professional investment schemes will most often require a license.

Most often you have several accounts for this purpose and use services like transferwise before you send the money to your local bank account.