Our valued sponsor

Can't buy crypto with my bank account

Yaneek

May 8, 2017
Visit site
After spending a month to register and talk to the support on kraken (crypto exchange) I finally got approved.
I sent some money from my cyprus bank account.

They cancelled my payment saying that bitcoin is against their policy and they won't allow me to deposit money on an exchange.

What is the best workaround for this? Should I use a payment processor? If yes which one?
Localbitcoins also requires IDs now and the cryptos are a lot more expensive there.

Open an account at Mistertango. Do a SEPA transfer to MisterTango. Do a SEPA transfer to Kraken. Kraken will want you to redo their verification. And voila, you have Euro's in your Kraken account which you can use to trade Coins/Ether.

Retrieving money is the otherway around. Make sure you have a statement from Kraken to backup your trading history when you sent it to Mistertango again. From MisterTango to Cyprus should not raise any alerts.

Use SEPA and most of it will be free.

Open an account at Mistertango. Do a SEPA transfer to MisterTango. Do a SEPA transfer to Kraken. Kraken will want you to redo their verification. And voila, you have Euro's in your Kraken account which you can use to trade Coins/Ether.

Retrieving money is the otherway around. Make sure you have a statement from Kraken to backup your trading history when you sent it to Mistertango again. From MisterTango to Cyprus should not raise any alerts.

Use SEPA and most of it will be free.

How does mistertango differ from other payment processors? I've seen it being mentioned a few times.
Do I sign up with my real name and open a company account? Won't this just connect my real name to the offshore company if the details get reported?

May we know which bank cancelled your transfer?
So we can avoid it...

Regarding Kraken, you need to have a bank account in a SEPA country. Kraken cannot by example make a bank transfer to a bank in Montenegro.