Our valued sponsor

Caribbean island vs Monaco pro and cons for living

Actually it’s one of the richest countries of the region. Many expats there.

I chose a developed economy, but you can instead use for comparison nearby Grenada or St Vincent, same result. Or the Dominican Republic if you want to see real cheap prices and drive to the supermarket in your Ferrari.

Last time I used my camelbak I climbed the Petit Piton, does it count as backpacking?

because they must go somewhere they don’t disturb me smi(&%
You never say do you really enjoy Bahamas. How long do you stay there per year?
I like Caribbean , but my wife says its unbelievably boring. Nothing besides beaches and beach restaurants. She just could not stand to live there. Talking about what is boring :)

I find it bizarre why people would choose to spend time on the landmass that is Monaco which is just 2 km2 in size. It's way too small to want to spend any meaningful time there. Monaco is under 500 acres in size. It's the size of just one of our over 2,000 islands and islets that makes up the Bahamas alone or the size of a small farm :(.We are talking about a place so small it makes the Gaza strip look like Alaska....lol.

I would pick Dubai before I live in such a tiny prison strip of land. And if living there means crossing the border each day into France just to stretch my legs I would give it a strong pass long term. I can literally buy an island that is bigger than Monaco and that costs the same as a luxury 4 bed flat in Monaco :confused:.

I find it bizarre why people would choose to spend time on the landmass that is Monaco which is just 2 km2 in size. It's way too small to want to spend any meaningful time there. Monaco is under 500 acres in size. It's the size of just one of our over 2,000 islands and islets that makes up the Bahamas alone or the size of a small farm :(.We are talking about a place so small it makes the Gaza strip look like Alaska....lol.

I would pick Dubai before I live in such a tiny prison strip of land. And if living there means crossing the border each day into France just to stretch my legs I would give it a strong pass long term. I can literally buy an island that is bigger than Monaco and that costs the same as a luxury 4 bed flat in Monaco :confused:.

Have you been in Monaco?
In practice reality there is no border with France. People live in Monaco and all spend time all around Monaco (France , Italy).
If you cross Monaco border, you just see that buildings are not so nice on the other side (French side).
If you live on islands, you have to fly , sail around them. This means airport time, sail time etc. You are far away from all continental Europe, USA

Reactions: jafo and uranium
Have you been in Monaco?

Yes more times than I care to remember.

If you live on islands, you have to fly , sail around them. This means airport time, sail time etc. You are far away from all continental Europe, USA

At least we have airports to be able to fly around. Monaco has a heliport only. Being far away from EU is a bonus. Also Fort Lauderdale is only 100miles from Bahamas or 2hrs by ferry so you can day trip there and back if your that crazy about USA.

Fort Lauderdale is only 100miles from Bahamas or 2hrs by ferry so you can day trip there and back if your that crazy about USA.
Even less than 2 hours with a fast boat like a Cigarette.
Lenny Kravitz was regularly traveling to Miami from Eleuthera on his Magnum until it broke down, not sure if he has fixed it.

EU makes you sick, retarded and poor. It’s only good for brief vacations.

Reactions: EuroKiss
Yes more times than I care to remember.

At least we have airports to be able to fly around. Monaco has a heliport only. Being far away from EU is a bonus. Also Fort Lauderdale is only 100miles from Bahamas or 2hrs by ferry so you can day trip there and back if your that crazy about USA.

I am just curious. Why is important to have airport in Monaco, while you have airport in Nice which is 20 - 30 minutes away?
And why being far away from EU is bonus?

Lenny Kravitz was regularly traveling to Miami from Eleuthera on his Magnum until it broke down, not sure if he has fixed it.

EU makes you sick, retarded and poor. It’s only good for brief vacations.
Please enlighten me how living in Monaco EU makes you sick, retarted and poor?
I suspect you are angry because you had problems with taxes in whatever EU country - that make sense.
But the same in Canada, US, EU etc. But at the same time big chunk of client money is in those countries. Of course it just depend on you business model..

Why not then some Republic of Palau, Vanuatu, Nauru etc. :) These are even more far away from everything and cheaper

Last edited:
I am just curious. Why is important to have airport in Monaco, while you have airport in Nice which is 20 - 30 minutes away?

I don't want to go to another country just to get on a plane even if close. Makes private jet ownership complicated and takes away from luxury living which one expects in Monaco. Why have all the money in the world and live in an apartment the size of my granny annex and in a country that can fit on the back of a postage stamp.

And why being far away from EU is bonus?

Because it offers no value to us here in the Caribbean. Continental Europe is not important. Europe is less than 10% of the world population and less than 15% of global GDP. It is a place that is aging, getting poorer and has stagnant growth.

Or you ca just Jet Ski from Miami to Bimini in Bahamas that's about 60 miles away smi(&%

Reactions: EuroKiss
I don't want to go to another country just to get on a plane even if close. Makes private jet ownership complicated and takes away from luxury living which one expects in Monaco. Why have all the money in the world and live in an apartment the size of my granny annex and in a country that can fit on the back of a postage stamp.

Because it offers no value to us here in the Caribbean. Continental Europe is not important. Europe is less than 10% of the world population and less than 15% of global GDP. It is a place that is aging, getting poorer and has stagnant growth.

Or you ca just Jet Ski from Miami to Bimini in Bahamas that's about 60 miles away smi(&%

Agree. If main business is not in Europe Monaco does not make sense

Reactions: EuroKiss and jafo
You do not have face power cut or slow internet in Hotel residence in Bahamas.....
If you live in Baha Mar or reef residence type hotel residence in Bahamas........... IMHO You can get same level of service in Dubai......By living in Hotel residence you can eliminate most cons of living in Island life.....Like Power cut , water supply, hiring labor, hurricane.......YEs Hotel residence is cost money....but It is far better than living in Shoe apartment in Monaco.....

As Mention by @Martin Everson ,
If you are on high budget ...developing your own island like Richard Branson is better Idea than spending $40 million plus on apartment in Monaco ...You can make your own paradise there with this Budget...

• Haha
Reactions: jafo
You do not have face power cut or slow internet in Hotel residence in Bahamas.....
If you live in Baha Mar or reef residence type hotel residence in Bahamas........... IMHO You can get same level of service in Dubai......By living in Hotel residence you can eliminate most cons of living in Island life.....Like Power cut , water supply, hiring labor, hurricane.......YEs Hotel residence is cost money....but It is far better than living in Shoe apartment in Monaco.....

As Mention by @Martin Everson ,
If you are on high budget ...developing your own island like Richard Branson is better Idea than spending $40 million plus on apartment in Monaco ...You can make your own paradise there with this Budget...
I prefer Shoe apartment in Monaco
I have no family
1 bed room apartment is enough
Atmosphere of Monaco is not that of Caribbean
I believe meeting those rich people of Monaco everyday will affect your mentality and make you hustle day and night $$$