Our valued sponsor

Cayman Islands, Bermuda, & BVI out of the picture?

Yes I read this too and it will happen. This is what I warned about in another thread. It is a global crackdown. Closed registries will be a thing of the past and those countries who do not comply will be blacklisted. Governments will be able to build huge databases with all the companies you own globally, all the accounts, properties from land registries etc from around the world. Now with the EU LEI (Legal Entity Identifier) also all the securities you own also which will be expanded globally :-(

https://www.esma.europa.eu/sites/default/files/library/esma70-145-238_lei_briefing_note.pdf

This is not really about tax it is ultimately about complete control and surveillance. It is the ability of government once they have all this information to have a kill switch to freeze your assets or lock you out of the global system at a keystroke. If anyone believes this is to help fight tax evasion or terrorism think again. Some of the EU states laws are frankly scary.

UK surveillance law marks a 'worse than scary' shift

Welcome to the prison planet.

Reactions: W4rhol
Relocating to safer/freer places is the only answer. Even if they're not tax free. I honestly wouldn't mind an omni-comprehensive 15% tax if I'm happy living there.

Think about it:
would you prefer relocating, maybe losing your friends/parents affects, but living happy for the rest of your life or staying in your "oppressing country" where you have the friends but you can't have money, can't follow your dreams, being oppressed, spied and being told what to do/don't for the rest of your life?

EU situation is crazy. It's not only about personal freedom, but also economic freedom. Apart from two/three EU countries, it's becoming everyday harder to start your own business.
Some countries are so f**k*d up that they want a lot of taxes in advance, even if you have no profit.
They are taxing everything. Yet their public debt is raising and you don't see where your taxes are going. If they can't control the public spending, it's their fault not your.
Why you have to pay more and more taxes and always raising? only because they can't do the job they're paid for?
Truth is they don't want to cut public expenditure, there will always be the young entrepreneur to hammer with taxes, until he goes bankrupt or he's forced to relocate cause he can't take it anymore, then there will be another one starting etc. it's a cycle.
Then they blame "the crisis®"... they are generating it with their stupid rules.

On a first look usually we can spot that the "corporation tax" maybe is going down, but that's only the facade. Many countries are adding more red tape and raising other "hidden" taxes, like the VAT mess, property, tax on fuel etc.

These days also the old "American dream" is falling apart. For the US people listening, is not that hard to renounce to your US citizenship if you want, once you get another one. Time ago it was #1 passport to have. Today if you have a global business it's only a burden, because of the worldwide taxation. I know it's not for everyone, but I know a few people who renounced recently.

I think it's the right time, more than ever, to live globally and go where you're treated best. Find a country that needs money and helps entrepreneurship. Leave the one where you grew up, if they don't let you follow your (legal) dreams.
You have to find the courage to relocate and tell them to f*ck off. That's the only way. After that everything will be easier.
I find this is a common talk between global entrepreneurs, but the average voter Joe doesn't get this, so I don't think things will change fast enough.

it seems that OP is right, it's not possible any longer to stick with one of these jurisdictions and keep my privacy!

Let's not panic, this is not a done deal yet.

The UK has ordered its territories in the Carribbean to act, but those territories may not reply swiftly. The Caymans and the BVI will assuredly make London wait before complying, they may even ask for independence.

Note also that the Isle of Man, Jersey and Guernsey aren't concerned. So it will be possible to move there...

Let's not panic, this is not a done deal yet.

The UK has ordered its territories in the Carribbean to act, but those territories may not reply swiftly. The Caymans and the BVI will assuredly make London wait before complying, they may even ask for independence.

Note also that the Isle of Man, Jersey and Guernsey aren't concerned. So it will be possible to move there...
Now this would be a possibility. I didn't see this before. But given how much money offshore corps bring into these countries, I don't think they'll let others mess with their income. It'll be like trying to ban tobacco.
Relocating to safer/freer places is the only answer. Even if they're not tax free. I honestly wouldn't mind an omni-comprehensive 15% tax if I'm happy living there.

Think about it:
would you prefer relocating, maybe losing your friends/parents affects, but living happy for the rest of your life or staying in your "oppressing country" where you have the friends but you can't have money, can't follow your dreams, being oppressed, spied and being told what to do/don't for the rest of your life?

EU situation is crazy. It's not only about personal freedom, but also economic freedom. Apart from two/three EU countries, it's becoming everyday harder to start your own business.
Some countries are so f**k*d up that they want a lot of taxes in advance, even if you have no profit.
They are taxing everything. Yet their public debt is raising and you don't see where your taxes are going. If they can't control the public spending, it's their fault not your.
Why you have to pay more and more taxes and always raising? only because they can't do the job they're paid for?
Truth is they don't want to cut public expenditure, there will always be the young entrepreneur to hammer with taxes, until he goes bankrupt or he's forced to relocate cause he can't take it anymore, then there will be another one starting etc. it's a cycle.
Then they blame "the crisis®"... they are generating it with their stupid rules.

On a first look usually we can spot that the "corporation tax" maybe is going down, but that's only the facade. Many countries are adding more red tape and raising other "hidden" taxes, like the VAT mess, property, tax on fuel etc.

These days also the old "American dream" is falling apart. For the US people listening, is not that hard to renounce to your US citizenship if you want, once you get another one. Time ago it was #1 passport to have. Today if you have a global business it's only a burden, because of the worldwide taxation. I know it's not for everyone, but I know a few people who renounced recently.

I think it's the right time, more than ever, to live globally and go where you're treated best. Find a country that needs money and helps entrepreneurship. Leave the one where you grew up, if they don't let you follow your (legal) dreams.
You have to find the courage to relocate and tell them to f*ck off. That's the only way. After that everything will be easier.
I find this is a common talk between global entrepreneurs, but the average voter Joe doesn't get this, so I don't think things will change fast enough.
Yep. Exactly. Relocation is the best option for us people.

It depends on where you live. You want to opn a new thread to get better answers and not go off topic here!
What if I am not worried about the privacy, just want to minimize my taxes. Are they still good options?

Latest Threads