Our valued sponsor

Cheaper Alternatives to Paypal

Paypal has been working for me and million of others for ages. The companies your are spam posting have been around for only a few months or years. I wouldn't trust any of these new payment processing companies at ALL not even if they would offer free processing. The past has shown that they will go down and burn you and your business. I say PayPal is the way to go if you are a honest business.
I'm not spamming.

I'm giving advice on specifics, based on my experiences.

Both companies I've mentioned have been reselling authorize.net for at least five years. Authorize.net pre-dates Paypal by a decade. Like it or not, it's the defacto standard for web payments, with more sites connected than any other.

The reason you want to use an authorize.net reseller rather than Paypal is pretty straight forward:

1. Paypal does blow up without warning, taking your money and often your bank account with it. Just look it up on Google, tens of thousands of people have had serious, business destroying issues with it. It doesn't happen to everyone, but it doesn't always need a reason to happen, either. Just look at the consumer reports. Only takes a minute to look up on Google.

2. Hidden fees and charges, often resulting in much higher than advertised percentages and charge fees with their service. When was the last time you reviewed your statement?

3. Non-existent customer service. Good luck finding someone to talk to if you have a question, or if something goes wrong. Even if you're paying the $40 a month for the pro service, customer service is extremely limited. With nearly any other company, you get a dedicated rep who has a financial interest in seeing you succeed.

If you've been using Paypal for any length of time, and you haven't had problems with it, congrats, I applaud you. You're in the minority of satisfied paypal users. But easy doesn't mean better. I'm sorry man.

I have been using PayPal for so many years now, but I don’t think their fees are too high. In fact, when you compare their prices to those of other companies, you’ll find out that you’re getting the best possible level of services for what you’re paying. While you may find a couple of equally good providers on the market, I am sure you won’t find a better one.

However, if you are desperately looking for an alternative, your choice of a company will depend upon lots of factors. The first thing is your unique business requirements. I agree that MerchantInc is one of the best options in that case. They not only have realistic rates and flexible terms and conditions, but also provide you with exceptional customer service. There are many other options there, but I think you should stick to just one as long as you don’t want to divert your mind and get even more confused.

They accept international business also from Europe. I asked them and tested with an corporate account. So I would say a EIN number is not required to use them.

Reactions: brutalzorn

Latest Threads