Our valued sponsor

Choosing the name for my offshore in New Mexico

catslover

Dec 6, 2022
Montevideo
Visit site
I'm about to start the paperwork for my offshore (LLC) in the US, New Mexico, and I still haven't found the perfect name, but now I have some doubts about it.

I'm still a newbie and I don't want to make any mistakes.

If I accidentally choose the name of another company in another state, can I still create it in New Mexico?

Is there any way to get in some kind of legal trouble if I accidentally choose a name that contains or looks like something patented or copyrighted??

Try using ChatGPT
You think it is reliable??

I was using it for other purposes and I discover it isn't reliable for certain tasks/questions.

For example, I also have certain background in Physiology research, so I ask the ChatGPT about some references related to certain research, specifically on the synaptic vesicles of the motor neuron. Then he gives me a lot of references and content, I thought that what he was showing me was wonderful, normally you need to read for weeks or months to get all that information. But when I looked up the specific research he gave me, the papers simply didn't exist. He invented the names of the authors, and the title of the investigations. The journals were real, but everything else was made up.

So this type of AI sometimes gives you real answers and sometimes it just makes up the answer based on pattern recognition, which leads to unreliable information.

Reactions: troubled soul
You think it is reliable??

I was using it for other purposes and I discover it isn't reliable for certain tasks/questions.

For example, I also have certain background in Physiology research, so I ask the ChatGPT about some references related to certain research, specifically on the synaptic vesicles of the motor neuron. Then he gives me a lot of references and content, I thought that what he was showing me was wonderful, normally you need to read for weeks or months to get all that information. But when I looked up the specific research he gave me, the papers simply didn't exist. He invented the names of the authors, and the title of the investigations. The journals were real, but everything else was made up.

So this type of AI sometimes gives you real answers and sometimes it just makes up the answer based on pattern recognition, which leads to unreliable information.
Thanks for input

I'm about to start the paperwork for my offshore (LLC) in the US, New Mexico, and I still haven't found the perfect name, but now I have some doubts about it.

I'm still a newbie and I don't want to make any mistakes.

If I accidentally choose the name of another company in another state, can I still create it in New Mexico?

Is there any way to get in some kind of legal trouble if I accidentally choose a name that contains or looks like something patented or copyrighted??
I was at this same point before I found my LLC. First of all, on the NM Secretary of State website, you can find a company search engine. Just make sure that your chosen brand does not appear there. Secondly, in case of doubt or conflict, the Secretary will deny you the right to register your company with this brand.

Reactions: catslover