Our valued sponsor

Claim a company is registered but actually is not?

rockrock

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
I want to start a new website without my name attached. Under an offshore company. For start just an informational website. Actual business later.

For more research of offshore companies and to safe tax I want to postpone creating an actual company.

What speaks against claiming that I registered in the Seychelles or so? Their companies register is not public anyway and no one is going to bother snooping.

Before I do actual business I would create a company for real and change the company name.

Does anything speak against this? What's the worst that could happen?

Because there are laws that require a company behind a website to be identified.
What laws for which country?

Don't you confuse this with Visa & MasterCard regulations for acceptance of payments for your website?

GDPR Article 13, 1, a)

> (a) the identity and the contact details of the controller and, where applicable, of the controller's representative;

And GDPR applies extraterritorial to those who processes data with persons "in the Union" which translates in times of internet websites to "everyone".

ahh, consider to just setup some company in the Seychelles or Belize and don't worry about all of this. If they start something you can close the company and move to the next. Pretty easy task.