Our valued sponsor

Coinbase Hands Over Customer Data to UK Tax Authority

Of course. Would let it cool down & then it would all go into Monero ;-)

Then through a few steps from there to safeguard it all.

I do NOT plan to take part in the digital gulag anyway, would rather do business in a real, free market - with or without having made a capital gain on what I initially bought.
I wonder where these are if the people are isolated and afraid of face to face meetings. So real is hard to find and free it is not anyway.

A really bad idea.
Robbery is one of the crimes where police from where you are from really starts acting.
Your story does not make completely sense and you are fucked. It is a crime to invent crimes and report them.
You can loose the crypto in easier ways without faking this type of crime.
Well, they do not care anyway much if you come with the usual story. But I agree with you that the plan has upside potential.

That's the reason why I never use my real name whenever possible (unless KYC requires it).
In this instance with ledger.com, they don't have my real name.
Nothing to hide, but sooner or later they all lose your personal details that end up being for sale somewhere.
Even when paying with my visa/Mastercard online I always put the first name only, not the last name. Works 99% of the time. So if my details get lost they don't know my last name.
it will often work with any name but the problem is the paper trail of your card details which will be handed to them.