Our valued sponsor

Company Name (Jurisdiction), Inc.

Maydi

Offshore Agent
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
When you see the jurisdiction in parenthesis in the name of a company:

e.g. United Nothing Company (BVI) Limited.

Is the (BVI) literally in the incorporated name of the company, or does that just serve to inform anyone where the company is registered, and it's name on the BVI registry is only United Nothing Company, Limited?

Well I have been looking through several of the certificates of companies in the BVI and enver seen (BVI) to be part of any company name, I will say that if people spell the name that way it is to avoid confusion between the country in question and the BVI! I can check with our partners in the BVI but don't think it any different from the above.

Just Google and you'll see that (Jurisdiction) is very common in company names:

ATU Fund Administrators (BVI) Limited

Blenheim Trust (BVI) Limited

Camber Tech Inc (BVI) Limited

PKF (UK) LLP

Abacus (Seychelles) Limited

Offshore (Seychelles) Limited

Griffon Aviation (Cyprus) Limited

Renaissance Securities (Cyprus) Limited

Chrysis Construction Services (Cyprus) Limited

etc...

I guess I could try to look some if these up in the government corporate registry is see what name actually shows.

Do you know sites where people can lookup/verify corporate registration data for Seychelles, BVI and/or Cyprus? Useful for doing some pre-name-check's yourself, and for verifying the lawyer did a correct job of incorporation afterwards.

Ok, well I guess I had to answer my own question.

Shows "(Cyprus)" is actually a part of the registered names for those companies.

I got similar results looking at names of companies registered with the UK Financial Services Authority (FSA).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats for sure not true... try to look at the companies of the major brands, is it also Barclays (UK) Limited or is it also Bank of Piraeus (Cyprus) Limited, this is not part at all of the company name. Maybe it is listed as such in some sort of register but it is defiantly not part of the registered name.

Your little hidden advertising didn't work I removed your link and gave 1 infraction to you!

Posting a link to the Cyprus government corporate registry is not advertising. It is a useful feature for anyone that wishes to do name search availability or lookup details of their corporation.

The link you posted to the Cyprus registry search is broken. You need to link to the Search page, you cannot link to search results. However, I cannot get that search page to return results for any query, all I get is a javascript error, in all three browsers (IE, Firefox and Chrome). Maybe it works if i use the Greek language site instead, but I can't read it.

Which is why I posted a link to another Cyprus corporate registry search site that does work.

"Cyprus Data is a free public service enabling anyone around the world to search whether any specific company is registered in Cyprus"

How is this advertising?

P.S. The free public service allows searching for any part of a name, so it is useful for name availability search (enter keywords only... as your name cannot even be too similar to that of any other company already registered). The official registry search page which you attempted to link to will only handle exact matches (if you can get it to work, I cannot).

Do you not understand my question? Your display of lack of English skills does not advertise your services well.

The questions is not whether (Cyprus) is always part of any registered name, the question

is that when the client chooses to include it, do they generally register it as such explicitly.

And it appears they do. However, since I can't get any search results from mcit.gov.cy, maybe you can verify these:

1. CHRYSIS CONSTRUCTION SERVICES (CYPRUS) LIMITED

Organization Type: C

Registration Number: 108226

Organization Name: CHRYSIS CONSTRUCTION SERVICES (CYPRUS) LIMITED

Name Status: ACR

Registration Date: 17/01/2000

Organization Status: 830

1. GRIFFON AVIATION (CYPRUS) LIMITED

Organization Type: C

Registration Number: 78204

Organization Name: GRIFFON AVIATION (CYPRUS) LIMITED

Name Status: ACR

Registration Date: 11/04/1996

Organization Status: 100

Admin said:
Just to proof you wrong WebCHeck - Select Search Results :check:
Just to proof (sic) what I am trying to ask, these are search results from the UK companieshouse website you posted.

It appears (Jurisdiction) is relatively common in name, explicitly as registered:

e.g.

05476597 D BARCLAYS PORTFOLIO (UK) LIMITED

02362041 BARCLAYS FIDUCIARY SERVICES (UK) LIMITED

04174716 BARCLAYS INVESTMENT (UK) LIMITED

And that it does not necessarily indicate jurisdiction of incorporation so much as location of operation:

02811168 BARCLAY MOWLEM (ASIA) LIMITED

NI018466 BARCLAY (NORTHERN IRELAND) LTD

FC015201 BARCLAYS CAPITAL (CAYMAN) LIMITED

06846631 BARCLAYS (BEAUFORT) LIMITED

00747985 D BARCLAYS BANK (LONDON AND INTERNATIONAL) LIMITED

And also that (information) can be quite arbitrary:

02057203 BARCLAYS LEASING (NO.3) LIMITED

02057204 BARCLAYS LEASING (NO.6) LIMITED

02057206 BARCLAYS LEASING (NO.12) LIMITED

Do you not understand my question? Your display of lack of English skills does not advertise your services well.
Don't worry about that, most understand what they need to know!

I read your question wrong, sorry for that, I see next time I have to spend more than just 5 sec. on a question.

Back to topic:

Basically you already answered your own question with the search on Google and your posts.

Seems someone got pissed here - your both wrong, Admin didn't read the thread starting post and Maydi took it personal you need to be more careful when posting here so the forum not turns into attacking each other rather than offering information and help.

Happy posting to all :angel:

So is it possible to have the jurisdiction in the company name? I know some companies like IBM using 'Germany' in the company name but Im not confident that this is part of the company name.