Our valued sponsor

Compliance Monkeys Cost Egyptian Man A Billion Dollars

> Nada was the founder of a nine-year-old commodities-trading business, Lord Energy. The “Lord” stood for “liquid or dry,” because the company shipped both crude oil and such drygoods as cement and corn. He had carved out a lucrative niche by establishing unconventional routes: Libya to Korea, Gabon to Italy. By the summer of 2017, Lord Energy, which was based in Lugano, a Swiss city across the border from Como, had a satellite office in Singapore, another opening in Houston, and annual revenue approaching two billion dollars.

> In the fall of 2017, there was another deceptive call. A man pretending to represent Citibank contacted Nada’s company and requested banking information about Lord Energy, claiming that he wanted to process a payment. Then, that December, the company unexpectedly appeared in a gossipy online publication called Africa Intelligence. The item was ostensibly about a delay in a Lord Energy tanker’s departure from Algeria. Nada had kept the tanker anchored for minor repairs, but Africa Intelligence said that Algerian authorities had blocked it. Odder still, the article insinuated that the delay was linked to the implosion of his father’s bank, after the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.

> Six months after the first Africa Intelligence item, World-Check, a database that banks rely on to vet customers, listed both Hazim and Lord Energy under the risk category “Terrorism.” Five financial institutions walked away from negotiations with Nada. UBS cancelled his personal checking account—and his mother’s, too.

> Nine days later, World-Check deleted the listing. “An error was made,” a lawyer for the company wrote to Nada, offering a “letter of apology” that he could show to lenders. But the damage had been done. In December, 2018, his longtime bankers at Credit Suisse stopped doing business with Lord Energy.

> Panic attacks kept coming for months. “I had creditors running after me from all across the world—the U.S., South Korea, Gabon, you name it,” he said. “It was horrible.” That April, Lord Energy ceased operations and sought bankruptcy protection.

My next lawsuit will be (again) against WorldCheck, which is probably the only criminal organization worse than banks. They, among other things, just failed to respond to my request within the deadline imposed by GDPR.
Whoever wants to join is welcome.

Reactions: jafo
My next lawsuit will be (again) against WorldCheck, which is probably the only criminal organization worse than banks. They, among other things, just failed to respond to my request within the deadline imposed by GDPR.
Whoever wants to join is welcome.
Well, I know I am on Thompson Reuters. A banker showed me. Isn't that WorldCheck?

After a long and arduous legal war, no holds barred, I have come to the conclusion that quarreling is these people's "currency/fuel". They enjoy it, it seems. I prefer if we actively invest our hard-earned cash in the services of the ladies at Café Photo :)

Seriously, isn't it better if we find an influential investigator in CH and convince him ($$$) to get his contacts in Worldcheck to delete our entries?

PS. I'm 100% serious here. I was going to visit one soon to see what he can do for me.

Attachments

• 1686527137165.png
    1686527137165.png
    43.3 KB · Views: 27
Well, I know I am on Thompson Reuters. A banker showed me. Isn't that WorldCheck?
Yes
Seriously, isn't it better if we find an influential investigator in CH and convince him ($$$) to get his contacts in Worldcheck to delete our entries?
That could be a good alternative strategy, if that investigator is not a scam himself. I will check with someone local how much we can trust him.
PS. I'm 100% serious here. I was going to visit one soon to see what he can do for me.
If that influential investigator is legit I can go and visit him next time I’m in Geneva, this autumn.

• Love
Reactions: jafo

Latest Threads