Our valued sponsor

Costs to set up a BV in the Nethelands

kranj99

Member Plus
Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Hello all - I along with 3 partners are looking to set up a holding company in the Netherlands (mainly because we are going to be buying another business in the NL and the intent is to set up a sort of hybrid SPV/Holding Company that will be used for future transactions, not just this one off acquisition). All of us are EU citizens but residents in different EU countries and none of us live in the Netherlands. I will be the majority shareholder and I'm currently living in France now. So not sure how CFC rules apply between EU member states, but if the seat of management is determined to be France and thus taxable in France, it would not be a major issue for us. The main intent here is not so much about tax reduction, but rather a transactional activity with plans for more in the future.

So assuming we need some sort of local presence in the NL (maybe just a mailing address, not sure), would any one here have any ideas as to what I could expect for set up costs + on-going costs (i.e. accounting/reporting)? I've been shopping around and I'm being quoted what seems to be excessive prices (perhaps they're quoting me the foreigner premium prices) and really not sure what is the true rate for setting up. I've googled around to various formation agents, but not sure on their reliability.

Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the suggestion - in this particular case the NL holding is needed as it will be used to acquire an existing business in the NL. While in theory a holding in Spain or elsewhere in the EU should be fine - to keep things simple from an admin point as well as raising finance etc. we want the holding in the same jurisdiction as where the target acquisition is located - hence NL. But I did look up the ETVE set up a while back and indeed it looks interest.

Thanks for the suggestion - in this particular case the NL holding is needed as it will be used to acquire an existing business in the NL.
So you will have substance and as such it makes good sense.

You can use HB Management for the NL setup or you look for an attorney / law firm in the netherlands that can help you.