Our valued sponsor

Countries with Digital Nomad Visa

I came across this article 23 Countries With Digital Nomad Visas Around The World which has a comprehensive list of countries with Digital Nomad Visas. It does not go into tax detail that much, more into requirements, Internet speed, cost of living and what program there is available.

Personally, I liked the Mauritius one, for its low entry requirements, good tax benefits, low cost of living and a nice place to be for a while. It is certainly in the back of my head.

I came across this article 23 Countries With Digital Nomad Visas Around The World which has a comprehensive list of countries with Digital Nomad Visas. It does not go into tax detail that much, more into requirements, Internet speed, cost of living and what program there is available.

Personally, I liked the Mauritius one, for its low entry requirements, good tax benefits, low cost of living and a nice place to be for a while. It is certainly in the back of my head.
Mauritius has an income requirement which is wrong in the article. Around 20k/year

Proof of funds to meet the cost of stay in Mauritius (minimum amount of USD 1500/EUR 1300 per month for each applicant and minimum amount of USD 500/EUR 400 per month for each dependent below 24 years old)
Proof of funds can be in the form of a bank statement/bank attestation or an employment contract for a professional working remotely.

Reactions: orangekangaroo
This is particular for freelancers? I mean, you could incorporate a company, get some connections and apply for a business visa somewhere.

For the list: I can't recommend Germany. A lot of bureaucracy, high taxes, high rental costs (unless you wanna stay in the countryside or small cities).

Hopefully we can get a lot more third world countries in South America, Asia and Africa joining list thu&¤#. Ideally with tax free remote working.

Remote worker extended holidays could help a lot of these countries tourism industries out.

Is that the official site?
As far as I know, yes. It says "Copyright 2020 © Turismo de Cabo Verde", but of course it could be anything. There are some other mentions about this program elsewhere, like this. Also there's this official-looking video (wow, it has gotten 18 views...).

Cabo Verde seems to be improving. For example, Ellalink submarine data cable from Brazil to Portugal just arrived to CV.

As far as I know, yes. It says "Copyright 2020 © Turismo de Cabo Verde", but of course it could be anything. There are some other mentions about this program elsewhere, like this. Also there's this official-looking video (wow, it has gotten 18 views...).

Cabo Verde seems to be improving. For example, Ellalink submarine data cable from Brazil to Portugal just arrived to CV.
Are you there now or have some special insights into Cabo Verde?
I would be keen to testing out yet another African country.

Are you there now or have some special insights into Cabo Verde?
Unfortunately no to both questions. I have never visited CV. It was on my bucket list before the world got crazy, and now I have other concerns. On the surface it looks interesting; several diverse islands, great Canaries-style weather year-round (except some sandstorms in southern islands). The language situation is not that good. I've heard of good and bad experiences from travelers.

It is not a tax haven, and they only have tax treaties with Guinea-Bissau, Macau, and Portugal... There's a good summary of the tax situation at PWC website. There's this gem though (individual taxation):

Category E: Capital gains

Capital gains earned by individual taxpayers are subject to a flat rate of 1% in the case of gains on the disposal of immovable property, intellectual property, or shareholdings. A flat rate of 20% applies in the case of gains on gambling, lottery, betting, prizes awarded in sweepstakes, or contests.

Last edited:
Hi I am the Nomad Girl and I noticed a lot of traffic coming from this forum to my blog post on the 23 countries that make it easier for digital nomads to work from. I had not come across Cabo Verde and I will update my list.
Really like Your article and I would like appreciate your hard work and effort to make that List.
I try but I failed miserably to make this type of list. Hats off.

Reactions: bizniz
New Dubai Work Remotely Visa seems interesting:

1 year validity, US$611 cost (on the official Visit Dubai website), gets you Emirati ID (=banking).

“Applicants will need the following:
1. Passport with a minimum of 6 months validity.
2. Health insurance with UAE coverage validity.
3. For employees: proof of employment from a current employer with a one-year contract validity, a minimum of US$5,000 per month salary, last months’ payslip and 3 preceding months’ bank statements.
4. For business owners: proof of ownership of the company for one year or more, with an average monthly income of US$5,000 per month and 3 preceding months’ bank statements.”

Any downside ?

Latest Threads