Our valued sponsor

Creating Trust in an Offshore name ?

Ineo

Apr 8, 2020
Visit site
Hey guys ,

I wanna setup an offshore in Belize but for multiple reasons I need my front company to be in UK so I thought about creating a Trust linked to the Belize company .

I don't know however if it's possible to create the Trust in the name of the offshore company and providing only the offshore documentation .

Would an offshore be able to create the Trust directly in its name and providing the documents of the incorporation and nominee director ID or would I need to provide any of my personal documentation to the Trust ?

Thanks

As a person of significant control of the UK company, you will need to disclose your identity.

You can get avoid being a PSC through a handful of methods, such as placing the company in a trust. It requires a lot of detailed work. Speak with a reputable, regulated trustee/law firm. They will need to know your identity and can be compelled to disclose it, but you can probably avoid having your name listed in public company register.

As a person of significant control of the UK company, you will need to disclose your identity.

You can get avoid being a PSC through a handful of methods, such as placing the company in a trust. It requires a lot of detailed work. Speak with a reputable, regulated trustee/law firm. They will need to know your identity and can be compelled to disclose it, but you can probably avoid having your name listed in public company register.
Thanks for the feedback !

Not sure I quite understood what you're saying though , does it mean the only way that I can make the trust "anonymous" is to place the trust company in another trust ?

I thought I could just have the nominee director of my offshore creating the trust on behalf of the offshore :

Offshore Company --> Creates UK Trust to manage the offshore assets using either the nominee shareholder or nominee director name

Can`t the nominee shareholder of the offshore become the PSC and create the trust with his + the offshore incorporation documents ?

Or perhaps if this is not possible in the UK there is other EU country with different rules that would allow me to register the trust using the nominee shareholder as PSC?

Last edited:

Latest Threads