Our valued sponsor

CRS reporting on EU

skyper

May 23, 2022
Italy
Visit site
Hi boys,

I was documenting on the CRS which should automatically communicate the current account balance to the tax authority of each individual country.

I wonder if this automatism occurs by default or if indeed if every bank does what it wants. The TIN is the only indicator that can make an individual unique in Europe.

So basically how does it work? A citizen opens an account in Europe. He fills it in and eventually the tax authority proceeds to investigate if it notices that the tax payment is not due? Do you have information for Italy?

Thankyou

I was documenting on the CRS which should automatically communicate the current account balance to the tax authority of each individual country.

I wonder if this automatism occurs by default or if indeed if every bank does what it wants. The TIN is the only indicator that can make an individual unique in Europe.

So basically how does it work? A citizen opens an account in Europe. He fills it in and eventually the tax authority proceeds to investigate if it notices that the tax payment is not due? Do you have information for Italy?
Reporting is primarily done based on TIN, which you provide to the bank. However, banks are also obligated to look at other things such as address, citizenship, phone number, and in some cases transaction profile (where you send/receive money) and IP address used for logins. It depends on the bank. Most report only on TIN.

If a country does not have a TIN, other data points are used.

He is wondering how each country are able to identifying the person being reported, if the country don't have a system with Social Security numbers and so on.
Thanks, it wasn't easy to understand.

He is wondering how each country are able to identifying the person being reported, if the country don't have a system with Social Security numbers and so on.

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear.

I wanted to understand if a bank that allows you to keep cryptocurrencies goes to declare the value of the account via CRS or if these are excluded.

In my state we pay taxes when "we exit the investment" so if I keep cryptocurrencies (stable coin) in the bank I should not necessarily pay the capital gain. It's correct?

The bank should not communicate the total in the account as there are no FIATs. It's correct?

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear.

I wanted to understand if a bank that allows you to keep cryptocurrencies goes to declare the value of the account via CRS or if these are excluded.

In my state we pay taxes when "we exit the investment" so if I keep cryptocurrencies (stable coin) in the bank I should not necessarily pay the capital gain. It's correct?

The bank should not communicate the total in the account as there are no FIATs. It's correct?
wrong because you sold for stable it's the same as fiat and you will be taxed
if you don't want to pay taxes open a company and move crypto from it

No it isn't, stablecoins are crypto. Look at Nexo for example, if you transfer EUR to them, they immediately convert this to EURx (stable eur) in order to circumvent regulations legally because they don't have a banking license.
@disconnected so you are confirming my option? If i keep cryptocurrencies in a bank they will not told the tax authority the amount of the bank account?

@disconnected so you are confirming my option? If i keep cryptocurrencies in a bank they will not told the tax authority the amount of the bank account?
Your best bet is to contact them and ask if they report under CRS. Also, it depends on the country you are a resident of whether it's an issue or not. Portugal for instance doesn't consider crypto as currency, so it's not reportable.

Latest Threads