Our valued sponsor

CRS won’t share information in that case?

Alenka

Jul 1, 2021
Georgia
Visit site
Will CRS share information in that case:

Case:
1. Residency - UAE
2. Passport - Any passport of a country which in CRS
3. Country of tax residency - any country that will issue tax residency for 183 days spent, for example, Thailand

You don’t show your Thailand Elite Visa and don’t tell anyone that you actually live in Thailand and tax resident there, and show banks / payment systems your UAE address and residency.

Will payment systems and banks report to the country of tax residency (Thailand) about your incomes if you register with payment systems and banks on your passport / UAE residency?

• Wow
Reactions: jafo

Case:
1. Residency - UAE
3. Country of tax residency - any country that will issue tax residency for 183 days spent, for example, Thailand

You don’t show your Thailand Elite Visa and don’t tell anyone that you actually live in Thailand and tax resident there, and show banks / payment systems your UAE address and residency.

Will payment systems and banks report to the country of tax residency (Thailand) about your incomes if you register with payment systems and banks on your passport / UAE residency?
No, since you fill out these forms yourself.

But way more important than that is how the juice is flowing.

Case:
1. Residency - UAE

The banks will report to the country that you tell them is your country of tax residency.

Reactions: GPT and jafo
but you can tell still uae and show them your address easily - so it works fine.
Not only the address, in some cases. Some institutions ask you also for your taxpayer identification number in the country of tax residency (if such numbers exist there). So if you are able to show your UAE TIN (or if UAE do not have TINs), you are fine. Otherwise you are cooked :)

Not only the address, in some cases. Some institutions ask you also for your taxpayer identification number in the country of tax residency (if such numbers exist there). So if you are able to show your UAE TIN (or if UAE do not have TINs), you are fine. Otherwise you are cooked :)
But even in case they ask for your TIN, in Russia / Kazakhstan, for example, having TIN doesn’t mean that the person is tax resident in those countries: you can get TIN for 2 hours there easily. I suppose in many counties same approach. So even getting TIN is possible task if someone asks for :)

But even in case they ask for your TIN, in Russia / Kazakhstan, for example, having TIN doesn’t mean that the person is tax resident in those countries: you can get TIN for 2 hours there easily. I suppose in many counties same approach. So even getting TIN is possible task if someone asks for :)
I had non-resident bank account 10y ago in one of EU countries, and when i wanted to close it, they said they cannot do that as their software wants tax id number. So i had to get tax id number in that country just to close the damn bank account.

But even in case they ask for your TIN, in Russia / Kazakhstan, for example, having TIN doesn’t mean that the person is tax resident in those countries: you can get TIN for 2 hours there easily. I suppose in many counties same approach.
Sure (somewhere it takes minutes, somewhere hours, somewhere weeks); but it some countries you get TIN only if you are somehow tax liable there (not necessarilly being a resident). And the purpose of my post was to point at the fact that if you are asked about your tax residency, in many cases it is not enough to supply just an address where you are tax resident but also your TIN from the relevant country (or some indication that your country does not issue TINs).
As well as UAE do not use TIN, you can well pretend that you are not only resident there but also tax resident there ;) (until the bank finds somehow that you are tax resident in Thailand – what might never and might not ever happen).

Sure (somewhere it takes minutes, somewhere hours, somewhere weeks); but it some countries you get TIN only if you are somehow tax liable there (not necessarilly being a resident). And the purpose of my post was to point at the fact that if you are asked about your tax residency, in many cases it is not enough to supply just an address where you are tax resident but also your TIN from the relevant country (or some indication that your country does not issue TINs).
As well as UAE do not use TIN, you can well pretend that you are not only resident there but also tax resident there ;) (until the bank finds somehow that you are tax resident in Thailand – what might never and might not ever happen).
some banks are over zealously spying on their customers and track their spending pattern to dig deep into privacy.
But for most they call it a day with the handed out forms.

If you want to avoid CRS you better setup a company with nominees you don't have any connection to. You need mentor group gold access to get the perfect recipe for how to do this. I am utterly indifferent to the risk that they might run off with your money, they can only do that if they have constant access to the account and know that there is money - which they don't!!