Our valued sponsor

Question Crypto Gateways Beyond BTC: Alternatives to Coinbase?

JohnLocke

Administrator
Dec 29, 2008
Europe
Visit site
Since Coinbase has changed their platform and it is now apparently no longer possible to pay with crypto without having a wallet or connecting your own wallet to them, it's time to switch.
Since we are forced to switch to their new platform, there weren't really any other options.

Are there other crypto payment gateways that allow you to pay directly with crypto, and not only BTC but also USDT, LTC, etc.?

We are looking into:

If there are others or you have experience with one of the mention, feel free to post here please.

Since Coinbase has changed their platform and it is now apparently no longer possible to pay with crypto without having a wallet or connecting your own wallet to them, it's time to switch.
Since we are forced to switch to their new platform, there weren't really any other options.

Are there other crypto payment gateways that allow you to pay directly with crypto, and not only BTC but also USDT, LTC, etc.?

We are looking into:

If there are others or you have experience with one of the mention, feel free to post here please.
the best hands down is: self hosted btcpayserver with lightning and liquid bitcoin (which has usdt) enabled

alternative bitpay (has the same code style as btcpayserver) but its inline with the kyc mafia.

Thank you for the the suggestion. KYC is okay, we can do that, no problem. I already looked at btcpayserver, problem is to get this setup and afterwards integrated with Xenforo, if you know about a ready solution I'm more than happy to hear about it.

We are also looking into

It is bases in Russia as I see, so privacy may be granted at some point.

Thank you for the the suggestion. KYC is okay, we can do that, no problem. I already looked at btcpayserver, problem is to get this setup and afterwards integrated with Xenforo, if you know about a ready solution I'm more than happy to hear about it.
doesnt seem like. Maybe the bitpay addon works bc btcpayserver has been modeled after it, but i dont know.

However, I don't view it as dramatically as others do, and of course, as an officially forum that respects itself and with all good intentions to comply with the law, we do not venture onto a slippery slope and use all kinds of "underworld" payment methods.

That would be inconsiderate and very foolish in the long run. This thread was also not supposed to discuss these grim future prospects or hiding from the authorities, who are perfectly aware of our existence.

So, let's close this conversation here, and then you can open a new thread if you feel like discussing it further.

We are sticking with Coinbase Commerce as we always have, provided their verification process starts working; we are experiencing the same trouble right now as in this thread.

Reactions: JohnLocke
Thank you for the hint, signed up and waiting for their hopefully approval. Do you know if withdrawals are instant?

Would also have recommended Crypto Payment Gateway You Can Rely On.

Also know some "higher risk merchants" (Proxy-Sellers, Digital Services, Hosting etc.) using it so I don't think there should be an issue with onboarding.

Reactions: JohnLocke
Tariffs – all about prising and service commissions | Cryptomus Used by many providers who used NowPayments or Coinbase Commerce at the time, never had any problems with it.
Do you know how long they take to approve and merchant? They claim it takes 12 hours, now it is 24 hours, but they may be busy I guess.
Would also have recommended Crypto Payment Gateway You Can Rely On.

Also know some "higher risk merchants" (Proxy-Sellers, Digital Services, Hosting etc.) using it so I don't think there should be an issue with onboarding.
Thank you for your feedback, did you use them at any time ?

Got a response from them now that they are busy but will look into the case.

I tend to think they didn't work at the weekend.
Cryptomus Support: Thanks for waiting. Support work hours: 6 AM - 9 PM (UTC). We don't have days off, we work every day.

Reactions: jafo
I tend to think they didn't work at the weekend.

Probably shouldn't take much longer.
Don't waste your time on it. They are censoring businesses and can't be used for anything useful. They defiantly not into any so called high risk whatever it would mean when you can't do any chargeback on cryptos.

• Wow
Reactions: jafo and apres777
However, I don't view it as dramatically as others do, and of course, as an officially forum that respects itself and with all good intentions to comply with the law, we do not venture onto a slippery slope and use all kinds of "underworld" payment methods.

That would be inconsiderate and very foolish in the long run. This thread was also not supposed to discuss these grim future prospects or hiding from the authorities, who are perfectly aware of our existence.

So, let's close this conversation here, and then you can open a new thread if you feel like discussing it further.

We are sticking with Coinbase Commerce as we always have, provided their verification process starts working; we are experiencing the same trouble right now as in this thread.
Many on Reddit report on unable to verify their account it is not verifying and their support don't answer or is slow. Be careful.

We are also looking into

you're satisfied with them now ?

That's good, then both of you have been heard and thank you for respecting what I wrote, namely that you should open a new thread. It must be your words that count here on the forum. If you continue this way in this thread, I will delete your posts, which would be a shame since they are very interesting but just do not belong in this thread. I have told you to open a new thread if you have feelings caught in the middle.

This thread is solely intended to discuss which crypto payment gateways exist and which ones could be possible for us to use instead of Coinbase.

The status is now:
  • Coinbase - their verification doesn't work, and I can see it hasn't for 2 years - it's a joke.
  • Cryptomus - It's already on the censorship wagon and has to act as a judge for which services one is allowed to take payment for. Likewise not an option

We are also looking into

They have been working well for my business around 8 months on clock payouts also with larger amounts.