Our valued sponsor

Cyprus company non resident avoid tax and VAT?

gianti

Offshore Agent
Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I read another thread today here on the forum where a user is asking if it is possible to register a Cyprus company none-resident to avoid to pay any tax? Does that mean the company has also not to pay any VAT?

Can this be done legally? Do we most use foreign nominees to get the company non resident?

Sorry for the questions but please :help:

I read another thread today here on the forum where a user is asking if it is possible to register a Cyprus company none-resident to avoid to pay any tax? Does that mean the company has also not to pay any VAT?
A non-resident Cyprus company does not pay any tax in Cyprus and can't be registered for VAT, this should answer your question I hope.

Can this be done legally? Do we most use foreign nominees to get the company non resident?
Yes it is legit to use foreign nominees which can be both a person or a company, and they are required in order to get the company a status of non resident.

Last edited:
Reactions: gianti
Admin said:
A non-resident Cyprus company does not pay any tax in Cyprus and can't be registered for VAT
Admin, did you mean the non-resident Cyprus company does not pay Cypriot VAT or did you actually mean the non-resident Cyprus company does not pay any local (onshore) VAT??

Admin, did you mean the non-resident Cyprus company does not pay Cypriot VAT
Sorry for the confusion, yes it was actually what I mend. The reason is that you can't register the company for VAT in Cyprus. And since you are not liable to the Cyprus VAT office then no one will most properly ask you to register the company for what, we have at least not heard of it at all in the last 5 years.

Latest Threads