Our valued sponsor

Delaware 1 person LLC taxes

Elgringoblanco

Aug 12, 2019
Visit site
Hello , I have a few question about Delaware 1 person LLC taxes.

I've heard and read everywhere that non resident who dont own anything neither as make money in the us shouldn't pay any American taxe , is it true ?

I'll be mostly based in Spain, but barelly never in the same country for more than a couple month , my customer will be European and my provider too.

Thanks for your time and help

Correct. A single-member LLC is a disregarded entity, meaning that it isn't treated distinct from it's owner in terms of tax purposes. The IRS will allow the owner to report the business income on their personal tax return.
Since you're non-US resident and don't do business within the US, you don't have any tax liability in the US. Nonetheless the IRS still requires you to file a tax return. Failing to do so will result in the company getting dissolved.

Reactions: Elgringoblanco
Correct. A single-member LLC is a disregarded entity, meaning that it isn't treated distinct from it's owner in terms of tax purposes. The IRS will allow the owner to report the business income on their personal tax return.
Since you're non-US resident and don't do business within the US, you don't have any tax liability in the US. Nonetheless the IRS still requires you to file a tax return. Failing to do so will result in the company getting dissolved.
You don't have file a regular tax return. Just a pro forma 1120 and the 5471 reporting form.

Reactions: Elgringoblanco
You don't have file a regular tax return. Just a pro forma 1120 and the 5471 reporting form.

Not sure what the difference is but I got this with a quick Google search:

Previously single member LLCs with foreign owners were not required to file. However, starting 2017, all foreigners who own a US LLC must file a 5472 US tax return with the IRS for disclosure purposes even if they do not owe tax in the US. ... The income from the US LLC may still be taxed in the country of residency.

An accountant asked $500 to file those 2 forms which seems a lot since i'm not US citizen, not US resident, not selling in US. Is there any tutorial on how to correctly file those forms?
Check the IRS website. The IRS does a very good job at explaining forms.

There you can find the forms and instructions about the forms.

Be
An accountant asked $500 to file those 2 forms which seems a lot since i'm not US citizen, not US resident, not selling in US. Is there any tutorial on how to correctly file those forms?
You will also need an EIN for your LLC before you file

Thanks for the helpful answers guys! It will probably worth timewise to let the accountant apply for my EIN and file the forms the first time. Once i'll see how this is done i could probably file the forms in the future by changing relevant informations accordingly.

I think there are some concerns with this option:

1. There is the risk of a $25k fine if you make a mistake on your filings > Form 5472 & Foreign-owned US Single-Member LLCs | LLC Univeristy®
2. The rules may change at any time, subject to the whims of politicians and bureaucrats (both inside and outside the US).
3. Since the LLC is transparent from the US view you avoid taxes in the US, however it does not solve the tax liability of the owner wherever the owner is resident (sticking a BVI IBC, or similar in as an owner does not help as most countries look to UBO today and that is increasingly a matter of public record).

I think there are some concerns with this option:

1. There is the risk of a $25k fine if you make a mistake on your filings > Form 5472 & Foreign-owned US Single-Member LLCs | LLC Univeristy®

That's why i want the accountant to file those forms the first time.

3. Since the LLC is transparent from the US view you avoid taxes in the US, however it does not solve the tax liability of the owner wherever the owner is resident (sticking a BVI IBC, or similar in as an owner does not help as most countries look to UBO today and that is increasingly a matter of public record).

Problem solved by moving to a territorial taxation country.

Reactions: Deepbarrels

Latest Threads