Our valued sponsor

Different address?

Alfrankenstein

BANNED MEMBER
Mar 21, 2023
Canada
Visit site
If offshore banking lawyers and accountants were able to launder money for a client but werent able to go around fatca, then why couldnt they fake the paperwork to the banks like ubs in switzerland and make it seem the client lives in some third world country instead of the u.s.? Even if they could, how would the u.s. government figure out that such greencard holder is using a physical mailing address in some third world country and using that to bypass fatca? How could a greencard holder bypass fatca then assuming corrupt offshore banking lawyers and accountants were facilitating it then?

this account keeps posting (in my opinion) machine (or AI, if you will) generated text... not my forum, not my business, just saying....
Well, may be. Anyway, it's strange.

If offshore banking lawyers and accountants were able to launder money for a client but werent able to go around fatca, then why couldnt they fake the paperwork to the banks like ubs in switzerland and make it seem the client lives in some third world country instead of the u.s.? Even if they could, how would the u.s. government figure out that such greencard holder is using a physical mailing address in some third world country and using that to bypass fatca? How could a greencard holder bypass fatca then assuming corrupt offshore banking lawyers and accountants were facilitating it then?
These questions are not trivial, and they expose the idiocy of the banking system, which can be easily tricked using a bunch of fabricated documents.

Some of the questions OP are posting are valid.

Anyway, you may just ignore his threads and posts if you don't like them.
this account keeps posting (in my opinion) machine (or AI, if you will) generated text... not my forum, not my business, just saying....

Reactions: Forester
If offshore banking lawyers and accountants were able to launder money for a client but werent able to go around fatca, then why couldnt they fake the paperwork to the banks like ubs in switzerland and make it seem the client lives in some third world country instead of the u.s.?
They can. Committing a crime is always an option. The repercussions can be devastating.

Even if they could, how would the u.s. government figure out that such greencard holder is using a physical mailing address in some third world country and using that to bypass fatca?
Banks are required to look for indications that a person is a US person. For example, if you have a US address, US phone number, US IP address, US location on your phone, et cetera. If you send a SWIFT wire from your current bank in the US to your brand new bank account in Brazil, there is a very high likelihood that your US bank will include your current address in the US in the transfer to the bank in Brazil. The bank in Brazil may (or may not) notice this and report the account under FATCA.

How could a greencard holder bypass fatca then assuming corrupt offshore banking lawyers and accountants were facilitating it then?
It is of course possible to commit bank fraud.

It doesn't look AI generated. It just looks like the posts of someone who's a few bad decisions away from finding out what happens when you deposit money in Brazil with fake account details as a US resident.

It just looks like the posts of someone who's a few bad decisions away from finding out what happens when you deposit money in Brazil with fake account details as a US resident.
Well... you may be truly right :)

Latest Threads