Our valued sponsor

Digital Nomads, Biz owners in Bangkok

A typical Thai prison for foreigners:

D6EC5246-13AF-427F-90CC-AB881FDB3D12.png

yeah word there nothing to argue against this.

this is the main issue. those companies unless they have employees/multiple directors or the like... are being managed from TH and as a result are TH tax resident.
Now will this bring issues? Most likely not but in reality you never know and are kinda hoping things continue to be the way they currently are.

Singapore is not a bad place to live! Taxes are not super high and quality of living is great.
They got a bit totalitarian during Covid tho so theres that.

Hope you end up fixing your situation. And if you end up in TH, enjoy it!
Annual retirement visa works the same way?

Im 24yo with 2 online businesses, living in Bangkok. Anyone want to connect? Message me. Being succesful here started to feel kind of lonely, so I am looking for making new friends :D
Don't you have any friends there? isn't there a club or place to meet for people from your country there? I know most big cities have that, for instant UK / London, Switzerland / Zug, USA / New York etc. etc.

True, Only s*xpat are there not Expat ....True DN are rare in Thailand

Oi, Im no s*xpat. I havent even had a damn massage after living here for multiple years!

I just enjoy the peoples outlook on things and the fact that I can live on half my wages and still live better than I did in Australia.

Every Digital Gonad I've ever met in Chiang Mai have been mostly garbage people. One or two were cool, but most were out to scam people or scam each other. Waste of humans.
At least Bangkok has a varied amount of people about.

I still have to visit the Islands at some stage and head to Pattaya to swim at the beach. I miss the beach.

-Skenners

Oi, Im no s*xpat. I havent even had a damn massage after living here for multiple years!

I just enjoy the peoples outlook on things and the fact that I can live on half my wages and still live better than I did in Australia.

Every Digital Gonad I've ever met in Chiang Mai have been mostly garbage people. One or two were cool, but most were out to scam people or scam each other. Waste of humans.

I still have to visit the Islands at some stage and head to Pattaya to swim at the beach. I miss the beach.

-Skenners
Noted...People are like you are rare...As I mention earlier.....Most come to Thailand for only one reason..

-Skenners
Pattaya is famous for it's pristine beaches and its upper class level of tourists/expats living there .
But if you stay away from walking street area it's a good place to relax and it's getting more developed, though full with Indians now and soon again Chinese.

No massage while living in Thailand
...? They have very good massage parlors everywhere.

Did you open a bank account already?

Reactions: Skenners
Pattaya is famous for it's pristine beaches and its upper class level of tourists/expats living there .
But if you stay away from walking street area it's a good place to relax and it's getting more developed, though full with Indians now and soon again Chinese.

No massage while living in Thailand
...? They have very good massage parlors everywhere.

Did you open a bank account already?
Still waiting on Siam Legal to get back to me on my application. Been about 8 days, so im not expecting anything until either the end of this week or start of next week.

Never got a massage just out of laziness, pretty much. Its on my list, but I never get round to doing it.

I've heard that if you're not big on the party/s*xpat scene to keep away from the walking street area. Jomtien and dongtan are ok i hear. Ill get a car one day and head down, i just work weird hours and by the end of the day im too tired to get my butt down there. Just a nice, clean, not so crowded beach I can swim in is all im after.

Welp, ill have 5 years to do it if I get this visa!

-Skenners

Still waiting on Siam Legal to get back to me on my application. Been about 8 days, so im not expecting anything until either the end of this week or start of next week.

Never got a massage just out of laziness, pretty much. Its on my list, but I never get round to doing it.

I've heard that if you're not big on the party/s*xpat scene to keep away from the walking street area. Jomtien and dongtan are ok i hear. Ill get a car one day and head down, i just work weird hours and by the end of the day im too tired to get my butt down there. Just a nice, clean, not so crowded beach I can swim in is all im after.

Welp, ill have 5 years to do it if I get this visa!

-Skenners
Pattaya is famous for its dirty seawater. Good luck. The whole petro industry is located there. The air quality also leaves something to be desired. What a wonder…

But that does not bother the horny grandfathers who are just waiting for their dead ;)

Last edited:
@Skenners have u visited Hua Hin? In my experience it seems like a good place for you
Passed through it on the train on my way down to Kuala Lumpur a couple of times. Never really stayed. This was 10 years ago and it was a bit rougher back then, a few bombings in public places and it was pretty dangerous down near the border. I hear its really nice now and that its becoming touristy, almost like Chiang Mai but on the beach. CM has too many damn mountains for me (lived there for a couple of years about 5 years ago).

Highly recommend the train ride to KL/Butterworth/Georgetown. Nice and cruisy.

-Skenners

Reactions: TheCryptoAnt
@Skenners have u visited Hua Hin? In my experience it seems like a good place for you
Have been there for 2 weeks in 2019, never again. It is a retirement home with hooker corner. Boring as hell.

The only good thing is that you can let your horse s**t directly on the beach sand.

@TheCryptoAnt Have you ever been to Thailand for more than 2 weeks vacation?

Last edited:
Have been there for 2 weeks in 2019, never again. It is a retirement home with hooker corner. Boring as hell.

The only good thing is that you can let your horse s**t directly on the beach sand.

@TheCryptoAnt Have you ever been to Thailand for more than 2 weeks vacation?

I have yeah. Got an Elite some years ago.

HH over Pattaya any day of the week imo unless you know how to navigate Pattaya and avoid certain people/scenarios
Top destination for me is Phuket obvs cause although its TH I could get any western amenity I wanted. Extra points for being full of bishes.

Samui was great too but a bit small and not many things to do beyond beach/drink/mall.
CM is cool cause its cheap and theres tons of DN there (although most of them end up failing/cannot control themselves) but im a beach dude.

Isan was kinda poor and sad at times.

Whats your take? Which place do u like the most?

Whats your take? Which place do u like the most?

Travelled through the middle and it was pretty but largely the same. Lived in CM for a couple of years near Nimman area. Just rode around on my scooter, eating western foods and gaining weight. Almost got into a fist fight with a DN there over a joke on a facebook group. Yeah, they're that kind of people. Ended up being a decent dude (I went there with the intention to crack him one in the face, but ended up talking him off the VERY edgy ledge he was on and ended up giving him a hug goodbye).

Bangkok is where its at for me. Its just a giant mess of a city. The Wild West.

I want to do more of the islands, never really got to do them all the times Ive been here, but now that im here for a while getting the elite visa, I've got the time to be able to go. I really wanna do the islands like samui, somewhere with a nice beach (im a beach and city kinda guy). I only mention Pattaya because its only an hour drive away for a relatively large city with a beach because I really hate the whole bus-ride-to-everywhere that you generally have to do in TH. Im not a backpacker anymore and prefer to ride with a bit of style and because I can afford it now, want to put more effort into a bit more travel on weekends.

I havent met up with any of the DN's in Bangkok though. Not sure if they meet up anymore. I know the crypto bro's do.

-Skenners

Travelled through the middle and it was pretty but largely the same. Lived in CM for a couple of years near Nimman area. Just rode around on my scooter, eating western foods and gaining weight. Almost got into a fist fight with a DN there over a joke on a facebook group. Yeah, they're that kind of people. Ended up being a decent dude (I went there with the intention to crack him one in the face, but ended up talking him off the VERY edgy ledge he was on and ended up giving him a hug goodbye).

Bangkok is where its at for me. Its just a giant mess of a city. The Wild West.

I want to do more of the islands, never really got to do them all the times Ive been here, but now that im here for a while getting the elite visa, I've got the time to be able to go. I really wanna do the islands like samui, somewhere with a nice beach (im a beach and city kinda guy). I only mention Pattaya because its only an hour drive away for a relatively large city with a beach because I really hate the whole bus-ride-to-everywhere that you generally have to do in TH. Im not a backpacker anymore and prefer to ride with a bit of style and because I can afford it now, want to put more effort into a bit more travel on weekends.

I havent met up with any of the DN's in Bangkok though. Not sure if they meet up anymore. I know the crypto bro's do.

-Skenners
Bangkok is decent value for being a reasonable first world kinda city.

How was your process with Siam Legal so far?

Pattaya is famous for its dirty seawater. Good luck. The whole petro industry is located there. The air quality also leaves something to be desired. What a wonder…

But that does not bother the horny grandfathers who are just waiting for their dead ;)
You go south of the city and then the area becomes cleaner and better or go to some of the smaller islands.

How was your process with Siam Legal so far?

Well, pretty straightforward so far. They asked for some details, they answered my questions and now Im waiting on them to get back to me. I havent paid a cent yet, so essentially I can back out still, but meh, its fine so far. A little more communication would be better but they did mention it would take a week or so, so im not expecting anything yet.

-Skenners

Reactions: JackAlabama

Latest Threads