Our valued sponsor

Director's loan for HK company

thomasparra

Member Plus
May 30, 2020
Visit site
Hi all,

I was wondering if there were any specific documents to fill to make a director's loan for my HK company? Or it will just be handled by the accounting team during audit. The way I see it, I can just transfer funds from personal bank account to the company bank account, and transfer it back at a later time.

You need a loan agreement which specifies the amount, duration, and other terms of the loans. It's an easy process. Your accountants can probably help you draft one.

Look out for minimum interests and restrictions on loan forgiveness that may apply under local law (HK and, if different, where you live). A loan that's too generous may be considered a capital injection or even income in some cases. That's mainly for the other way around, though, when company lends to director under such favorable terms it's basically a dividend/salary.

Reactions: thomasparra
You need a loan agreement which specifies the amount, duration, and other terms of the loans. It's an easy process. Your accountants can probably help you draft one.

Look out for minimum interests and restrictions on loan forgiveness that may apply under local law (HK and, if different, where you live). A loan that's too generous may be considered a capital injection or even income in some cases. That's mainly for the other way around, though, when company lends to director under such favorable terms it's basically a dividend/salary.
Thanks! I will do that. Cheers