Our valued sponsor

Dissolution of Belgian (BV) Company Costs EUR 5,000?

Hello everyone,

As I left Belgium over 2 years ago and moved to Dubai, I no longer need my Belgian (BV) company.

Now, I want to dissolve this company in the most straightforward and cost-efficient manner.

My accountants estimated that it would cost around EUR 5,000, including the revisor (auditor), notary, and accounting costs.

Do you think this is a typical cost or an excessively high cost?

What would be the simplest and most cost-efficient way to dissolve this company (legally)?

Would it be an option to just completely "abandon" the company? What would be the result of doing that?

I appreciate any help you can provide.

• Wow
Reactions: jafo
You can look for "Coquille vide SRL" and "Lege BV" on Google. Make sure to change the country to Belgium.
www.cession-de-commerce.be
www.lemoniteur.be
www.aria.finance

You can check those and look further, there are companies that buy and keep them. Just look around. You probably will still get something for it.

Alternatively, you can open a Mentorship Gold account and sell the company here. If you open some bank account, EMI and PayPal, the price will be higher.

My accountants estimated that it would cost around EUR 5,000, including the revisor (auditor), notary, and accounting costs.
It immediately sounds like a correct price for an EU country that is well-regulated. Both a lawyer (in many cases) and an accountant are needed to prepare final accounts, and then there's a bit of administrative work to be handled by the accountant.

Conversely, it also depends on how much activity there has been and what all needs to be shut down, e.g., bank accounts, etc.