Our valued sponsor

Do you guys have any passive income business ?

Georgia has some really good interest rates on CDs. Just make sure you know how you're going to use the money that you get back. This bank, for example, lets you also buy in USD or EUR at lower rates which will be easier to work with (but that maybe defeats the purpose a bit?). With developing countries and currencies, you have to be wary of political movements, but my personal opinion is that Georgia is stable and popular enough now that it offers a bit more safety and respectability in banking than in certain other countries. It's also an interesting place for real estate currently and other investment opportunities.
I never understood people that do that.

Putting money in a bank in Georgia or Cambodia or Kazakhstan etc your risk:reward is very bad. In the best case you will make 2-3% (or 5% in Cambodia) on your USD. In the worst case (and the odds of that are not 0%) the bank will go bankrupt and you will lose 100% of your money. These places are banana republics where the government won't bail you out.

You're risking 100% of your money to make 2%, investing your money in whatever loans these banks will do which you have no control over.

Why do that when Instead you can buy a Index of Dividend Stocks like SPYD which currently pays 4.60% dividend in USD. There is risk but it's limited and spread over dozens of strong companies, most of them founded way before these Georgian banks were created. At the worst case you will still not lose 100% of your capital, and in the long term (5-15 years) you are practically guaranteed to appreciate your capital due to inflation PLUS get the 4.60% dividends paid every quarter. You can buy and sell whenever you want and are not locked in to a deposit.

PLUS the people that are more risk taking and lured by the high yields in exotic currencies seem to avoid the fact that the currency risk is immense and can wipe out years of yield in a week. Just look at EUR\GEL graph to see how GEL lost 33% of its value in the last 2 years 60% of its value in 6 years. And I don't even want to think about people that did a deposit in Turkish Lira...

P.S. Buying dividend ETF also means you will not be invested in any tech bubble companies (since none of them make any profit therefore can't pay dividends), so your risk of bubble crashing and ruining your investment is lower as well

Putting money in a bank in Georgia or Cambodia or Kazakhstan etc your risk:reward is very bad. In the best case you will make 2-3% (or 5% in Cambodia) on your USD. In the worst case (and the odds of that are not 0%) the bank will go bankrupt and you will lose 100% of your money. These places are banana republics where the government won't bail you out.

You're risking 100% of your money to make 2%, investing your money in whatever loans these banks will do which you have no control over.

Why do that when Instead you can buy a Index of Dividend Stocks like SPYD which currently pays 4.60% dividend in USD. There is risk but it's limited and spread over dozens of strong companies, most of them founded way before these Georgian banks were created. At the worst case you will still not lose 100% of your capital, and in the long term (5-15 years) you are practically guaranteed to appreciate your capital due to inflation PLUS get the 4.60% dividends paid every quarter. You can buy and sell whenever you want and are not locked in to a deposit.

PLUS the people that are more risk taking and lured by the high yields in exotic currencies seem to avoid the fact that the currency risk is immense and can wipe out years of yield in a week. Just look at EUR\GEL graph to see how GEL lost 33% of its value in the last 2 years 60% of its value in 6 years. And I don't even want to think about people that did a deposit in Turkish Lira...

P.S. Buying dividend ETF also means you will not be invested in any tech bubble companies (since none of them make any profit therefore can't pay dividends), so your risk of bubble crashing and ruining your investment is lower as well
I generally agree. I don't do much with USD as is, so I haven't been as worried about USD rates. It is certainly more risky than other options, but if someone is into the risk, I feel they're one of the better options for that type of 'emerging-market currencies', as was the question, I believe.

I generally agree. I don't do much with USD as is, so I haven't been as worried about USD rates. It is certainly more risky than other options, but if someone is into the risk, I feel they're one of the better options for that type of 'emerging-market currencies', as was the question, I believe.
Doesn't matter which currency you prefer, similar ETFs exist for EUR or CHF (hedged against currency fluctuations).

I agree with you and strong portion of my investment portfolio combines dividend ETFs and individual stocks.

However, their is a portion of my portfolio that a lot of people (including me) see it as risky. But it's not just me who take risks, There are lots of people that take calculated risks and other that take risks which are pure speculation/gambling. I consider myself somewhat in between.

I like searching for emerging markets and there are interesting markets in Asia, Africa and south America. I missed the Singapore ship - Although, I still have investments there - and I had offers that could brought me millions if I wasn't that conservative with my money back then.

who would have though that this tiny island could become the new wealth hub in Asia and this man is the one who transformed this country to the way it is now. But I'm not regretting my decisions, instead I took this as a valuable lesson to not judge a country by stereotypes and fear mongering western media but judge with facts and with actual money spent on the ground to see what will work and what won't.

in terms of foreign/exotic currencies, it's really not that much of a risk for my overall portfolio, the same goes for crypto currency and Loans. But the reward is huge. And I won't really care less if I lost these kind of investments as they already paid for themselves, specially the loans. And people who borrow from me would rather send their wives to serve me than not paying the loans they owe to me.

The CDs in exotic currencies is just a "bridge" for me to borrow against them and invest in further projects in their country, whether directly or indirectly to achieve certain goals that's not always for financial gains but rather a sociopolitical one.

the whole crypto lending with USD stablecoin is a bit insane, you can get above 10% interest on your USD after converting to USD stablecoin with very low risk, paid like weekly in the lending currency.
you can also get above 5% interest on your bitcoin and some other crypto.s

most reputable platform atm :

and this has nothing to do with DEFI, its all centralized regulated US entities if I am not mistaken, or at least US regulated.

there is a few decentralized platform that offer the same thing that are starting to show up (think no KYC!), a bit more risky for now but its just a matter of time before it become robust and trustworthy.

also there are a few crypto staking bet that are likely to pay of over the long term that yield over 5% interest paid daily or weekly with a high chance of increasing significantly in value over time.

High risk / High reward play I would say.

I like these coins personally :
Tezos
Cosmos
Algorand
Icon

Ethereum is a no brainer, currently over 600$ with conservative estimates over the coming years in the 4 digits and above longer term. unfortunately funds and rewards will be locked for the next year or so until the network upgrade is finish, so not so passive until then unfortunately. Stil a crazy good bet there.

the whole crypto lending with USD stablecoin is a bit insane, you can get above 10% interest on your USD after converting to USD stablecoin with very low risk, paid like weekly in the lending currency.
you can also get above 5% interest on your bitcoin and some other crypto.s

most reputable platform atm :

and this has nothing to do with DEFI, its all centralized regulated US entities if I am not mistaken, or at least US regulated.

there is a few decentralized platform that offer the same thing that are starting to show up (think no KYC!), a bit more risky for now but its just a matter of time before it become robust and trustworthy.
Uniswap has no kyc and is save as hell for staking

A good source of passive income is card programs. It takes time and work to find a good client that would order thousands of cards. But when you do, you just have to sit back, open a beer and see how the commissions flow in month after month. Until the client f up something, then you have to repeat the process.

A good source of passive income is card programs. It takes time and work to find a good client that would order thousands of cards. But when you do, you just have to sit back, open a beer and see how the commissions flow in month after month. Until the client f up something, then you have to repeat the process.
Hi, could you please expand a little more what kind of card program are you meaning? Prepaid visa/mc cards? Or what else?

Reactions: sdreaver
Get yourself a trend following / breakout algo .. put it to work on the usual suspects of trending curencies. GBPJPY ETC . portfolio of 3 or 4 currencies ... compound over 5 years (no withdrawals) ..
There might be the odd year of poor returns or even a losing year post compounding ... have some savings for these odd wobbles
Let compounding take you beyond caring ... thats about as close to passive as you can make it.
Please note .. compounding is the easiest way .. if you want to make big money ASAP .. then you have to put big money at risk from day 1

What do you mean by it? Can you expand?

Get yourself a trend following / breakout algo .. put it to work on the usual suspects of trending curencies. GBPJPY ETC . portfolio of 3 or 4 currencies ... compound over 5 years (no withdrawals) ..
There might be the odd year of poor returns or even a losing year post compounding ... have some savings for these odd wobbles
Let compounding take you beyond caring ... thats about as close to passive as you can make it.
Please note .. compounding is the easiest way .. if you want to make big money ASAP .. then you have to put big money at risk from day 1
Did you develop such algo yourself? Mind sharing a pointer?

How often do you trade or what's the average hold time? :)

You can develop them ... you can buy them .. you can find them legally free by people on forums. Trend Trading is as old as the hills. Its not easy to trade ..if .. you like to win all the time. By that I mean the markets generally only trend @30% of the time .. so you get a breakout and it goes no where and a loss. But when you do hit a trend ..its goes and goes and pays for all the little losers.
Joy pairs trend more than most .. so does gold .. cryptos .. everything trends to a certain degree.
Get comfortable with the process..get comfortable taking loses a lot .. and hold tight for the big wins.

And my gift (from the internet ) stocks .. Tesla .. 10 years of trading trends long only since it IPOd
A simple system for TSLA:
  • Buy when price breaks above the 50-day high (Daily chart)
  • No Short trades
  • Profit target is 19.5 the ATR (Average True Range, 14 Length)
  • Stop is 1x the ATR
  • Trailing stop is the low of the past 20 bars
10K worth of stocks .. no compounding.. profit 50K. Percent profitable trades 27.5% out of 40 trades .. thats only 11 trades made up for all the losses and made 50K profit ...

Latest Threads