Our valued sponsor

Do you know bitpanda ?

negon

hannibal the cannibal
BANNED MEMBER
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I just signed up for https://www.bitpanda.com/ and half a way the verification process it finally ask me for identification by WebCam fin4774" I don't want that.

If anyone of you like to stay private you will avoid all the wallets that started using web cam verification with this shitty German IDnow company!

What you risk is that all your information is directly reported to your local tax office like all financial transactions, furthermore they can keep track on the use of bitcoins! Do you really want that? NO you don't.

I found it because I wanted to use PayPal and Skrill to buy bitcoins. So I was happy that I finally found a wallet that could do that. Then I cam to the verification stage where they asked me for Video verification, Go f**k Yourself that the only thing I can say. They will report any activity so I don't want to use them.

No it is not possible to send them any documents, they suck crock balls.

I know that a few websites, like airbnb, require camera verification of your ID, however that's the first time I hear about bitpanda.
If you want privacy I think that the best would be choosing another site.
I'll chase this site and will come back if I get any news. Thanks for the link.

It's new day for vertification via Cam, which sucks for me too. I tried https://www.virwox.com, but fees is to high, there you don't need to use vertification via cam. I heard Cryptopay.me | Buy Bitcoins in the UK | Bitcoin Wallet | Debit Card is good and it's looks they asking for selfie with id and card which is better than webcam. They need thoose vertifications due to huge number of fraud and companies which receive complains have to return stolen money.

We are sorry to tell you that your verification was denied. Here is why it has happened:
Please, submit a selfie with your ID document in your hands. All document details must be clearly visible. Thank you.

Current document doesn't meet our AML/KYC requirements and cannot be accepted for verification. We will need another document from you. Please submit a high quality scanned image or a direct online extract of the following documents: Bank statement of your current account, Utility bill, Tax return, Council Tax bill, Certificate of Residency issued by a government, within the last 3 months and addressed to your name and home address. We cannot accept mobile phone bill, credit card statements or insurance documents as proof of residence.

I tried to confirm 2 different accounts, one in UK and one in Spain, both received the same message. And what about blockchain, what they are asking after typing your card details?

To be honest I had good quality docs. I think it's their spark to say it's failed and ask for selfie. I don't know it for sure, but... Let me know if it's passed for you without any issues. What about blockchain, are they good? What are they asking for? I need to find something as running out of bits. Where are you getting selfies from?

Get the phone ready for facial verification, get someone / friend to look at the phone at start the verification process. follow the instructions and send the recording. lol. dont tell them, let them know its for a movie audition.

I am looking for a crypto backed credit card too. Almost all requires facial recording, say this , eye look here, turn your head right.
I am ok with showing my face, but I faked all documents. reason being I do not want my information being passed on the internet.

Please let us know if you find any site that doesn't need facial verification.

Reactions: extremedox101
I just went through the verification process of bitpanda (the heavy one to get the ability to transfer money in and out using SEPA).
It was a pain in the A.

In a live webcam chat, the german verification company IDNOW from munchen asked me to

They asked me to show the frontside and the backside of my ID.
They asked me the number of my ID
They asked me my ID in different position to the webcam.
They asked me my birthday out loud
They asked me my street name
They asked me my city name.
They asked me my birth place.

IDnow is also responsible for N26 verification process.

It was a pain in the A.
You know what I expect in the near future? A leak of the entire database of one company such as Idnow or Onfido or Autokyc.
When you collect such data it is just a question of time when it will be abused - either by insider or by a hacker.

I wish I could just tell these companies to f**k off and buy crypto anonymously with no questions asked.
There are some options (decentralized exchanges etc.) but unfortunately either the volume is very low or the fees are extremely high.

Also it makes no sense, if you want to do something in the gray zone, I'm pretty sure you won't use a licenced and compliant Austrian website, you'll just go to some Chinese no-bulls**t exchange which is exactly what e.g. the guys behind Plustoken are doing. They made some Bitcoin and are now cashing out through Chinese no-KYC exchanges. This EU-enforced bulls**t isn't going to stop anyone, it will just make the community and technology stronger.

Does IDnow really safe the documents and retain the data?
As far as I know, they just do the verification and confirm, that you are you.

Has anyone already made a GDPR request to one of those ID verfification companys?