Our valued sponsor

Does anyone know about VP bank Switzerland or Liechtenstein, to open account?

nastathin

Offshore Agent
Feb 18, 2011
Singapore
Visit site
Does anyone have any experience with the VP Bank located in Liechtenstein, Switzerland and other locations?

VPBANK - About us

What I would like to know is:

• Can the bank account be opened remoote?
  • What requirements does they have?
  • Do they offer English Internet Banking?
  • Do they have own SWIFT and IBAN account?

Thank's in advanced...:hello:

It seems they have everything you are looking for and much more, VPBANK - e-banking VP Bank e-banking - zeitsparend, einfach und bequem

Would be great with some reviews of VB Bank if any :)

I approached them to ask different questions, they replied quickly, also I will pay them a visit in Zürich soon, will report back here.

Reactions: nastathin
There are other banks like UBS UBS - Zurich - Switzerland or Digg, however, all of them require a personal visit in order to open a bank account.

chvoon said:
If they are an IB, how can they take deposit? Is it against banking practice?
As for SWIFT, now even big corporation can have their own SWIFT code i.e. Petronas, Genting etc. SWIFT is promoting to big corporation
It's because it is an Swiss Investment and Fund Management Bank.

chvoon said:
If they are an IB, how can they take deposit? Is it against banking practice?
As for SWIFT, now even big corporation can have their own SWIFT code i.e. Petronas, Genting etc. SWIFT is promoting to big corporation
The way I look at it is they are not taking in deposit (EURO 500K). It is investment account. Exactly like IB or a Fund House. Not the normal commercial bank.

chvoon said:
The way I look at it is they are not taking in deposit (EURO 500K). It is investment account. Exactly like IB or a Fund House. Not the normal commercial bank.
Second that..

offshorehosting said:
Vaduz bank is located where?
Vaduz is the Liechtenstein Capital where the Bank is HQ

Not sure if they have a branch in Zurich but I would be surprised it they didn't have on but there are several ways of getting to Liechtenstein

The first thing is naturally, how to get to Liechtenstein.

By plane:

If you come by plane, the easiest way is to fly to Zürich international airport, take a train from there and then change to a bus in Sargans. When coming from Zürich airport by train, you have to change at Zürich main trainstation to the train travelling to Sargans. Other option is to take train to Buchs, which is another city right next to the boarder of Liechtenstein and Switzerland, but then train has to be changed once more so the best way is to travel to Sargans.

Outside the Sargans bahnhof there is a bus stop and the bus number 12 goes to Liechtenstein. It costs around 2,7fr for a student and 7fr for an adult.

Other airport near Liechtestein is Friedrichshafen in Germany which quite small and a bit nearer than Zürich but it's more difficult to find flights there as well as connecting tranportation to Liechtenstein.

If you are up for some budget travelling, Memmingen airport is appr. 150km away from Liechtenstein and Ryanair flies there from many destinations. From the airport there is a shuttle bus to the railwaystation (2,5€ one way) and a train to Feldkirch (see more information about how to get further from Feldkirch below) costs 32€ normal price and 21€ with Austrian vorteilscard.

By train:

There are no long-distance trains stopping in Liechtenstein but there are three main train stations just next to the boarder of it. Feldkirch train station is on the Austrian side, Buchs and Sargans in Switzerland. Right outside any of these stations bus stops from where you can take Liechtensteinian bus to travel anywhere you need to go in Liechtenstein.

Buses from Feldkirch to Liechtenstein are numbers 13 and 14, from Buchs to Liechtenstein are number 12 and 13, and from Sargans to Liechtenstein is number 12. Bus tickets cost normally around 7fr/adult and 2,7fr/student. Inside the buses there is always a screen, which shows the name of following bus stops, which makes it easy to know where to get off even if you hadn't been earlier in Liechtenstein.

By car:

It's easy to drive to Liechtenstein from any direction. Roads are generally in a good condition and traffic is not aggressive at all. Drivers are usually very polite and give enough space to other drivers as well as to pedestrians.

Does it require a personal visit in the bank to open an account with them? What is the banks name?

Sorry for the last question I think I missed a part here, thought you were speaking about another bank...:embarassed:

GeorgeSmiley said:
I used to have and account with them. Closed it as I only used it once.
You have to go to Vaduz for that.
Well, I'm a bit confused, sorry to ask.. but do you say that it is possible to get a bank account with VP Bank in Vaduz / Liechtenstein rather than in Switzerland?

If so, do they have other requirements in Vaduz?