Our valued sponsor

Does it help you advance your eBusiness?

gwenpinay

Offshore Agent
Feb 14, 2009
Visit site
Internet and computers is a geek's world, no question about that. People who aren't geeky but dabble in some sort of internet business, usually acquire a bit of geekiness - they start talking site stats, html, SEO, etc. But for people who are running traditional businesses, i.e., brick-and-mortar businesses, the letter "e" attached to the word "commerce" could put them off. You could hire someone to run your eBusiness for you and take care of the the techie side of things, sure. But just like you'd want to know what your accountant is doing with your books, you'd like to know what your webmaster has up on his sleeves. To do that, you need to understand a bit of geek-speak.

I think it helps a great deal to advance your business if you can talk the talk. What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
You will defiantly need to know the language of the Internet and all the terms used here to survive. I believe it is a goal for every “offliner” to come online with their business if thei’r not already, which put’s them in the situation of a learning process and they will also enter into some traps.

I don't believe there's anything defiant about learning or wanting to learn a bit of geek-speak; I think it's necessity. The Internet was not here a few decades ago. It only became available to the world in the 1980s so it's a relatively new world, albeit fast-changing.

As for business in general, whether or not you're located online, scams, money traps and cons are old news. They've been around since time immemorial.

Latest Threads