Our valued sponsor

Does opening a company in other country will get me not MATCH listed?

Greenberry

Jul 19, 2019
Visit site
Hi, we were having good business since 2020 in UK. Customers were making orders, we were processing them. Then came COVID, and we noticed higher but not tragic FRAUD rate (around 2%). Additionally at the end of last year, one of the big producers, wanted us to stop selling their products, but in UK there were no Law allowing them to do that.

Unfortunately, they probably scared our cards processor - Stripe.com, wchich terminated our account. Since then we use only Amazon Pay, wchich is not enough to business run smoothly

My question is - does opening another entity in another country (EU) will solve the case? Or me as the person, will be contected with that entity?

Reactions: wellington
Hi, we were having good business since 2020 in UK. Customers were making orders, we were processing them. Then came COVID, and we noticed higher but not tragic FRAUD rate (around 2%). Additionally at the end of last year, one of the big producers, wanted us to stop selling their products, but in UK there were no Law allowing them to do that.

Unfortunately, they probably scared our cards processor - Stripe.com, wchich terminated our account. Since then we use only Amazon Pay, wchich is not enough to business run smoothly

My question is - does opening another entity in another country (EU) will solve the case? Or me as the person, will be contected with that entity?
Are you sure Stripe MATCH listed you?

Or do you mean if you are allowed to create a new Stripe account with a new business entity?

If Amazon Pay is still working you are probably not MATCH listed, because Amazon Pay is charging Mastercards and is therefore required to check MATCH . Maybe there is a time delay of a few months until updated but If your stripe account was closed already multiple months ago I think it is highly unlikely, that @Greenberry is MATCH listed.

Have you tried other processors than Stripe?
The problems with the big processors like Stripe is that they don't care. They prefer shutting down clients even due to false accusation before taking the smallest risk because they are making too much money anyway and new customers are already waiting in the endless line. But they therefore mostly don't report to MATCH because false MATCH listing may entitle you to compensation, so they just close and f**k off... . Just closing your account is without any legal problems for them as you agreed to their TOS and in there they say that they can close whenever they want without even telling you why.
If you tried different processor and get declined by 2 different processors, than you can say that something is odd. But just being blocked from stripe shouldn't worry you.

If you are on MATCH list then its a wrap. You will know if Stripe placed you on a TMF database if you meet the below criteria for them to do so. The requirement for them to add you is mandatory and criteria is quite clear for them doing so.

The information added to database is below. So your name would be added also and a new entity would not help if your name is on that new entity.

Information added to MATCH​

The card networks require that the following information be added to MATCH if available:

• Business Legal Name and DBA
  • Business Address
  • Business Phone Number
  • Business Tax ID
  • Business URL
  • Principal Owner Name
  • Principal Owner Address
  • Principal Owner Phone Number
  • Principal Owner Tax ID
  • Account Opening Date and Termination Date
  • MATCH Reason Code

If you are on MATCH list then its a wrap. You will know if Stripe placed you on a TMF database if you meet the below criteria for them to do so. The requirement for them to add you is mandatory and criteria is quite clear for them doing so.

The information added to database is below. So your name would be added also and a new entity would not help if your name is on that new entity.

Information added to MATCH​

The card networks require that the following information be added to MATCH if available:

• Business Legal Name and DBA
  • Business Address
  • Business Phone Number
  • Business Tax ID
  • Business URL
  • Principal Owner Name
  • Principal Owner Address
  • Principal Owner Phone Number
  • Principal Owner Tax ID
  • Account Opening Date and Termination Date
  • MATCH Reason Code

Hi, thing is - I'm not the principal owner of the current business. I would be of the another. Unfortunately url would be the same. Does that mean we need to rebrand?

If Amazon Pay is still working you are probably not MATCH listed, because Amazon Pay is charging Mastercards and is therefore required to check MATCH . Maybe there is a time delay of a few months until updated but If your stripe account was closed already multiple months ago I think it is highly unlikely, that @Greenberry is MATCH listed.

Have you tried other processors than Stripe?
The problems with the big processors like Stripe is that they don't care. They prefer shutting down clients even due to false accusation before taking the smallest risk because they are making too much money anyway and new customers are already waiting in the endless line. But they therefore mostly don't report to MATCH because false MATCH listing may entitle you to compensation, so they just close and f**k off... . Just closing your account is without any legal problems for them as you agreed to their TOS and in there they say that they can close whenever they want without even telling you why.
If you tried different processor and get declined by 2 different processors, than you can say that something is odd. But just being blocked from stripe shouldn't worry you.

I'm 100% positive it's Stripe.com who did put us on that list, as we at this time were using only their services. After they blocked our account, there were no more incoming payments, but only returns/disputes. You can imagine how this worked for the statistics and dispute rate of the account.
Amazon Pay accepted us 2 weeks after we'd blocked at the Stripe.com, and I readed that if you have already working card procesor, it won't be closed, as match is beying checked only during onboard. I guess Stripe.com reported us to MATCH after we did get accepted by Amazon.

I was trying many processors since this few months, but fail at every, the thing is - we have business in UK and we are EU residenst, this creates many issues, we need to sent many additonall documents, and some - ex. Skrill, Adyen, dosn's allow onboarding in such configuration at all.

Who gave me information about MATCH was PayOP

Reactions: wellington

I'd imagine stripe doesn't usually do this, why have they singled you out, normally they just cease your accounts.

Reactions: daxbr

Latest Threads