Our valued sponsor

Does the location of a personal bank account *alone* impact anything about taxes?

JamesDonkey

Pro Member
Sep 27, 2021
Aaa
Visit site
Say, I pay myself salary or dividents to multiple banks, personal accounts, rotating them, and each of which is located in somewhat neural country -- the one which has nothing to do with my residency or citizenship. It's that I happened to open bank accounts there sometime ago and now use them.

Does this fact **alone** that I send salaries or dividents to those bank accounts impact **somehow** my responsibility about taxes in those countries?

Are you certain? A bank isn't in the business of determening one's **tax** residency;

more over, what would a bank do if one had multiple tax residencies and how would a bank even find that out still?

The job of a bank is determine a residency or citizenship of a person, but not a tax residency. Or, determine that a person isn't a resident of certain countries.

Reactions: AMD
Are you certain? A bank isn't in the business of determening one's **tax** residency;

more over, what would a bank do if one had multiple tax residencies and how would a bank even find that out still?

The job of a bank is determine a residency or citizenship of a person, but not a tax residency. Or, determine that a person isn't a resident of certain countries.
Almost all banks in CRS countries I applied to asked me for my tax residencies and my TIN.
Of course, you can lie to them, but this is generally not a good idea.

Reactions: AMD
no but they have to comply to the applicable laws in the EU if they don't have their act together they will be fined or finally it's game over for them, didn't see that yet, but sure it will come.
I don't understand.
Why do you assume that it's necessarily EU?
"No", "but they have to comply" -- yes, they do. Every bank in the world has to comply with some rules. What then?

Latest Threads