Our valued sponsor

Does the registrar of the country where you incorporate shares info with your country ?

Piano

Pro Member
Jun 8, 2020
Visit site
Is there some kind of automatic exchange like there is for bank accounts under CRS ?

which jurisdictions don’t do automatic exchange and don’t have your info on public file ?

There is currently nothing like CRS/AEOI for company registers. However, many countries have signed TIEAs (Tax Information Exchange Agreement) with each other which predate CRS and allows a country to ask another country about the ownership of a company. If French authorities wanted to know the names of the directors, shareholders, and beneficial owners of a company in Mauritius, they would have to file a request for information under the TIEA between France and Mauritius, and Mauritius would have to answer within a reasonable amount of time (a few weeks).

TIEA arrangements have fallen out of favour as CRS focuses on banking and tends to get right to the source, whereas company registers often still don't have proper beneficial ownership registers.

For a while, one way by which OECD measured how reputable a jurisdiction was by how many TIEAs it had signed. Most signed TIEAs with high-profile but low-value jurisdictions like Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, and Iceland just to meet their quota.

There is currently nothing like CRS/AEOI for company registers. However, many countries have signed TIEAs (Tax Information Exchange Agreement) with each other which predate CRS and allows a country to ask another country about the ownership of a company. If French authorities wanted to know the names of the directors, shareholders, and beneficial owners of a company in Mauritius, they would have to file a request for information under the TIEA between France and Mauritius, and Mauritius would have to answer within a reasonable amount of time (a few weeks).

TIEA arrangements have fallen out of favour as CRS focuses on banking and tends to get right to the source, whereas company registers often still don't have proper beneficial ownership registers.

For a while, one way by which OECD measured how reputable a jurisdiction was by how many TIEAs it had signed. Most signed TIEAs with high-profile but low-value jurisdictions like Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, and Iceland just to meet their quota.
Ok, thanks , this is the list for each country

I believe most offshore jurisdictions don’t have directors , shareholders,etc...on file, correct ?

Last edited:
Ok, thanks , is there somewhere a source where I can find a list of TIEA’s signed between countries ?

That list might not be complete. Check each jurisdiction you're interested in separately.

I believe most offshore jurisdictions don’t have directors , shareholders,etc...on file, correct ?
They all do, but it's not publicly available in most of them.

That list might not be complete. Check each jurisdiction you're interested in separately.

Yes, that list of the OECD is not up to date , makes you wonder that an organisation as the OECD cannot keeps its list up to date..:cool:

@Sols , thanks for list piano. but what do you mean @Sols by checking each jurisdiction 'separately' ? can you elaborate on ehat you mean?

@Sols , thanks for list piano. but what do you mean @Sols by checking each jurisdiction 'separately' ? can you elaborate on ehat you mean?
Look up which TIEAs your home jurisdiction(s) have signed. Alternatively, you're interested in for example Seychelles, go look up which TIEAs the Seychelles have signed.

They're usually listed on the government websites.

Look up which TIEAs your home jurisdiction(s) have signed. Alternatively, you're interested in for example Seychelles, go look up which TIEAs the Seychelles have signed.

They're usually listed on the government websites.
@Sols, thanks I will look this up and I have been reading up on the list of countries my government have tax agreements with, I will lookup regarding the TIEAs as you suggested

Latest Threads