Our valued sponsor

Domain name question

Bmw850

Pro Member
Nov 12, 2018
Berlin
Visit site
Guys,

I launch a lot of websites to try new activities , if it works i am happy, if not... well I tried.
As a noob in internet matters, i have a question.
Until now, i buy a domain name which I "create", a non existing one.
But some of feedbacks from potential customers are "you are new" etc... ( they check me on whois )
My question is , it make a difference to buy an existing domain name? If yes, I found only expensives one, how we do it in cheap way?

There's a very active secondary market for premium domains out there, specially for .com's and a few others. So, if the market says some names are worth in the thousands, then that's a compelling reason to believe some domains are worth that much and that it does make a difference. The market is king.

People buy domains for different reasons, including vanity. But it might make sense to buy an aged domain to boost trust. If you found only expensive ones, well, maybe you're comparing apples with bananas, as the price of a domain has nothing to do with its nominal registration cost.

That said, some sellers are as inexperienced as buyers and ask ridiculous amounts for crap domains, it takes some experience to detect and avoid those.

There's a very active secondary market for premium domains out there, specially for .com's and a few others. So, if the market says some names are worth in the thousands, then that's a compelling reason to believe some domains are worth that much and that it does make a difference. The market is king.

People buy domains for different reasons, including vanity. But it might make sense to buy an aged domain to boost trust. If you found only expensive ones, well, maybe you're comparing apples with bananas, as the price of a domain has nothing to do with its nominal registration cost.

That said, some sellers are as inexperienced as buyers and ask ridiculous amounts for crap domains, it takes some experience to detect and avoid those.
Thanks, I understand the market offers/requests price. In fact I don't really mind if the name is premium, I want to try something old to check if it works better. So no matter the name, but as you said I will not pay ridiculous price for this.
Do you have any provider in minds?

you don't have to buy premium domain to impress your customers , i guess this not typical question/concerns , maybe you are in very niche business but i don't know about mainstream , the mindset of traffic can vary greatly .

domain age matter more if you want to sell it , in your case choose relevant keywords - short and easy to remember. you need to boost your brand, after 1 year the domain will be enough old .

premium domains above $1000-10000 not going to add much value unless used for specific purpose . better buy $10 expired domains in your niche .

Reactions: Spondula and Bmw850
you don't have to buy premium domain to impress your customers , i guess this not typical question/concerns , maybe you are in very niche business but i don't know about mainstream , the mindset of traffic can vary greatly .

domain age matter more if you want to sell it , in your case choose relevant keywords - short and easy to remember. you need to boost your brand, after 1 year the domain will be enough old .

premium domains above $1000-10000 not going to add much value unless used for specific purpose . better buy $10 expired domains in your niche .
Thanks. I always appreciate your infos.
It's what I meant , I don't need premium domains. I ll have a look on Google where to buy expired domains.

Guys,

I launch a lot of websites to try new activities , if it works i am happy, if not... well I tried.
As a noob in internet matters, i have a question.
Until now, i buy a domain name which I "create", a non existing one.
But some of feedbacks from potential customers are "you are new" etc... ( they check me on whois )
My question is , it make a difference to buy an existing domain name? If yes, I found only expensives one, how we do it in cheap way?

If you plan to do SEO for that website, then I would not take the risk to buy an used domain. You dont know the history of that domain. Maybe it already got sandboxed by Google, penalized, etc.. Of course new domains are also not good for SEO since the domain age is a ranking factor but in my opinion it is better to start off clean.

And like bnero said: It is rather unusual that a regular person checks your whois. I would say 99,5% have never heard of that. (of course depending on the niche)

Reactions: Bmw850 and Spondula

Latest Threads