Our valued sponsor

Domain Registrar which does not give info to US

Cavaliere

Member Plus
Sep 1, 2023
Malta
Visit site
I was thinking of moving my domains to Iceland, but isn't an Asian domain registrar even better with privacy turned on? Ideally the process for the US would be as hard as possible to determine the registrar information which are my name etc.

Register your domain in a way that doesn't leave any information to be revealed.

Or just order the domain under a fake name. No one checks anyway, aside from a few tightly controlled country code TLDs.

Pay with XMR or other privacy crypto. Order using Tor (Tor Browser) and only log in to manage/renew your domain your Tor.

Register your domain in a way that doesn't leave any information to be revealed.

Or just order the domain under a fake name. No one checks anyway, aside from a few tightly controlled country code TLDs.

Pay with XMR or other privacy crypto. Order using Tor (Tor Browser) and only log in to manage/renew your domain your Tor.
I need the real name for some applications for business. Makes it easier to KYC. Njalla is good but lot's of people had their domain cancelled there.

Will take a look at Incognet, thx.

Also the domain in question was registered long ago, my name will never be erased from it sadly

It depends on what type of website it is and what your threat from US authorities is.

But as a general rule, avoid .com and other TLDs which are under US control. Even if you register a .com with a registrar in some perceivably untouchable jurisdiction, if the US really wants to they can just ask VeriSign to take down the .com. The US can probably demand that VeriSign obtains registration information from the registrar. If the registrar refuses, they risk losing the ability to register .com.

Reactions: Cavaliere
yeah, but njala is 2...5 times is more expensive than the less private alternatives
No one is forcing you to use Njalla. Sign up with Namecheap or whatever and use half-decent fake details in that case. It's nearly the same.

But if you're worried about the price of a domain on that scale, I don't know what to tell you. Whether a domain costs 15 or 100 shouldn't be a deciding factor if you're running a business. It's a valid expense and an asset.

Just checked and .com seems to be 15 USD at for example Njalla, Epik, and Incognetio. Maybe other TLDs are priced much higher, though.

what are they?
Country code TLDs that require a local company/trademark/address/contact, such as .ca, .no, .bm. And of course .bank and probably a few others like it.

Njalla is not expensive. You can pay with crypto and the deals you will see from other registrars are only for the first year 99.9999% of the time. Also keep in mind njalla does not only provide a whois protection service like namecheap, but they actually provide someone to hold onto the domain for you personally (a real person does this, not just a company).

Thus you would be better protected when e.g. the .nl registrar requires an actual person to own the names and be in the registry (as will happen at the end of this year). Besides, not using crypto means that any law enforcement agency could simply ask for your payment details, completely deanonymizing you.

Think about this before you think about saving a few dollars for the first year. It is not worth it in my opinion.

But if you're worried about the price of a domain on that scale, I don't know what to tell you. Whether a domain costs 15 or 100 shouldn't be a deciding factor if you're running a business. It's a valid expense and an asset.

Here's a similar argument:

Will you, Sols, pay me $10k per day for body-guarding you?
And "if you're worried about the price of your life, I don't know what to tell you".

Isn't your life even more expensive? Isn't it priceless? Your life?! Isn't it the most expensive anything in the world? If so, why won't your pay me $10k per day? At least, you'll have piece of mind, absense of fear for your life. Then you can go on to do other things.

Last edited:
Here's a similar argument:

Will you, Sols, pay me $10k per day for body-guarding you?
And "if you're worried about the price of your life, I don't know what to tell you".

Isn't your life even more expensive? Isn't it priceless? Your life?! Isn't it the most expensive thing in the world? If so, why won't your pay $10k per day? At least, you'll have piece of mind, absense of fear for your life. Then you can go on to do other things.
This is a nonsense comparison but I have a feeling you lack the ability to discern the nuance.

Just checked and .com seems to be 15 USD at for example Njalla, Epik, and Incognetio. Maybe other TLDs are priced much higher, though.
"Maybe". It's a masterpiece. :p

"but I don't want to check other registars, because if I do I'll prove myself wrong"
Cheaper? Where? I don't see it. Still don't see it. Where? Where? Njala is cheaper, I can see it.

Screenshot_20230923_143132.png

for the 1st year, it's $1. For all the consequetive ones - 2 times cheaper.
On average it's $10, including the recent price increase

But it's "com". There're others, such as "net", "xyz", "me".... which are cheaper.

"Maybe". It's a masterpiece. :p

"but I don't want to check other registars, because if I do I'll prove myself wrong"
Cheaper? Where? I don't see. Still don't see. Where? Njala is cheaper.

View attachment 5431

for the 1st year, it's $1. For all the consequetive ones - 2 times cheaper.
On average it's $10, including the recent price increase
Chill, dude. Take it easy. I'm not out to get you. No one is trying to pick a fight with you. You are a very smart person who can achieve amazing things in life.

I just don't consider 1 vs 15 USD on an annual cost to be a meaningful difference. Especially not if it's for business. That difference is insignificant unless we're talking about registering hundreds or thousands of domains.

But maybe to you that difference is important — and that's fine. It's unfortunate that DotTK and Freenom have stopped taking registrations. They offered .tk, .ml, and some other ccTLDs for free. It would've been perfect for you.

I just don't consider 1 vs 15 USD on an annual cost to be a meaningful difference. Especially not if it's for business. That difference is insignificant unless we're talking about registering hundreds or thousands of domains.
You've diverted. We were talking about the price only. Now you're bringing in other things in the topic.

Have I demonstrated to you that Njala isn't cheaper but more expensive than others? Were you talking gibberish claiming otherwise?

Last edited:
You've diverted. We were talking about the price only. Now you're bringing in other things in the topic.
I don't understand why you are so antagonistic. I hope you feel better soon and can let go of the anger deep inside of you. Life will be much more enjoyable if you just chill out. Peace be with you.

Have I demonstrated to you that Njala isn't cheaper but more expensive than others? Were you talking gibberish claiming otherwise?
At no point did I say Njalla is cheaper.

Is this the part you are hung up on?

Did you miss the word "much"? Do you understand what it means in this context and how it changes the meaning of the sentence?

I think you don't fully understand. So let me explain. This means that 15 USD is more or less within the normal price range for .com even with regular domain registrars (once not focused on privacy and/or controversial content, such as the three mentioned). For example, two of the most popular registrars on the market (Namecheap and Godaddy, registration and/or renewal) charge around 10 USD for .com. The difference between 10 and 15 isn't significant. The difference is not "much higher". There is a difference, yes. .com domains are available for less elsewhere. But by using the word "much", I qualify the difference with personal opinion.

Are you beginning to understand what the word "much" does? Let me know if you need any further assistance with reading comprehension. thu&¤#

I've come across various forum discussions regarding Njala allegedly engaging in domain theft. Can anyone here provide their personal experiences, whether positive or negative, with this service?

You're off-topic kid. Whether it's $15 per year or $1 per year is irrelevant when your goal is to set up a domain secure and private.

I've come across various forum discussions regarding Njala allegedly engaging in domain theft. Can anyone here provide their personal experiences, whether positive or negative, with this service?
AFAIK, the criticism against Njalla is that they allegedly have taken down domains that were engaged in far right conspiracy theories. It's something to keep in mind if your website is affiliated with that type of content. Supposedly this was done at a whim by Njalla, maybe someone has sources for that.

The other takedowns have been to fraudulent court order and legal pressure.

But OP asked about privacy, not necessarily resistance to takedowns. You can remain private, while still having your domain taken down. If you're running that kind of business, just have a process in place to notify users/customers about new domains.

AFAIK, the criticism against Njalla is that they allegedly have taken down domains that were engaged in far right conspiracy theories. It's something to keep in mind if your website is affiliated with that type of content. Supposedly this was done at a whim by Njalla, maybe someone has sources for that.

The other takedowns have been to fraudulent court order and legal pressure.

But OP asked about privacy, not necessarily resistance to takedowns. You can remain private, while still having your domain taken down. If you're running that kind of business, just have a process in place to notify users/customers about new domains.
I am registered at Epik for that reason, but need to move overseas since Epik has turned into a cesspool. Not because of takedowns, what I have on my website is not reason for a takedown but Epik was hacked and god knows what other powers the US grants it federal services over the coming years.

Hey Sols, When you were referring to:
Were you referring to a generic registrar or should one employ these techniques when using Njalla?

Hey Sols, When you were referring to:

Were you referring to a generic registrar or should one employ these techniques when using Njalla?
If you pay with an anonymous payment method like XMR, using Tor, and provide false registration details that cannot be traced back to you, it doesn't matter where you registered. It's just that a registrar like Njalla is more comfortable with that than most registrars, since Njalla specializes in anonymous domain registrations.

Reactions: FREE CITIZEN

Latest Threads