Our valued sponsor

Donald Trump criticized cryptocurrency

A incompetent president involved in tax fraud himself, criticising crypto because it “can facilitate unlawful behavior, including drug trade and other illegal activity.”. The irony is real with this one. Thanks Trump.
Human psyche works this way. The more dirt is hidden, the greater the need to present a spotless image outwards. I could name a former prime minister of a North European country, who got away with frauding close to 10M euros of taxpayer money. You would not believe this, because he presents himself as a Truly Good Person, almost a saint.

For this reason, if a company handles money and its name includes "Trust" or "Safe", I tend to avoid it. Google's previous motto "Don't be evil" should also be understood in this context.

Reactions: John Doe 42755
Human psyche works this way. The more dirt is hidden, the greater the need to present a spotless image outwards. I could name a former prime minister of a North European country, who got away with frauding close to 10M euros of taxpayer money. You would not believe this, because he presents himself as a Truly Good Person, almost a saint.

For this reason, if a company handles money and its name includes "Trust" or "Safe", I tend to avoid it. Google's previous motto "Don't be evil" should also be understood in this context.

People are both; good and evil. The general consensus that people are one OR the other is wrong. There is enough scientific evidence to back that up. it obviously is a bit more complex than that, but you get my point.

If you're going to say Hollande it wouldn't suprise me at all. That fucker spend 132.000 usd on his terrible hair cut alone. Probably did blow and hookers as well on a weekly basis.

Attachments

• francois-hollande-haircut.jpg
    francois-hollande-haircut.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 132
Reactions: John Doe 42755
If you're going to say Hollande it wouldn't suprise me at all. That fucker spend 132.000 usd on his terrible hair cut alone.
The case is real, but I can't say anything at all, as I try to keep my own origins a bit ambiguous.

I guess Hollande is/was a just great spender (of other people's money). Similar cases are easy to find. This total lack of regard for public money is not limited to top politicians, it happens at every level in organizations. Appalling but perhaps not yet a crime.

- - - - -

As to the topic, Trump's opposition or endorsement of cryptos does not matter that much. Even if governments started persecuting cryptos, they would survive in one form or another. A case in point: China banned crypto exchanges. Local trading moved to OTC brokers. China will soon ban mining. They might have trouble enforcing it, and mining is anyway not difficult to move abroad.

The easiest way for the U.S. to hurt bitcoin is to force banks to seize Tether's assets. That already happened, but it was half-assed. They could do it again, go all the way and explain it as "protecting clients". Even that would not kill bitcoin. The way to really hurt bitcoin would be if the U.S. were to once again peg the dollar to gold. It would remove much of bitcoin's raison d'être.

Latest Threads