Our valued sponsor

Dozens of Germans have confessed to massive tax fraud

bizman

Corporate Services
Mentor Group Lifetime
Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
Dozens of Germans have confessed to massive tax fraud via Lichtenstein as the affair widens to other countries, including the United States.

Besides Washington, the governments of Australia, Britain and France have announced they are checking whether their citizens were involved in the tax scandal, which got under way when Germany last week arrested Deutsche Post head Klaus Zumwinkel on charges that he funneled large sums of money to a Lichtenstein bank.

European tax scandal reaches U.S. - UPI.com

This is old news but I think it is of importancy for this forum, since many will not know this.

Also.

With all apologies to Las Vegas, it's probably more true to say what happens in Lichtenstein does actually stay in Lichtensteiin, or at least it used to. Strict bank secrecy laws have helped make the land-locked European principality a tax haven, but a secret list of account-holders at one bank there has been sold to tax officials in at least two European countries.

And John Dimsdale reports from Washington, the list is getting some attention here as well.

Lichtenstein Bank Secrecy Scandal

And finally I found this about Lichtenstein

Berlin - Chancellor Angela Merkel was to confront Liechtenstein on Wednesday over a huge tax scandal and its tax-haven status, and a report said she was ready to clamp down hard on cross-border banking.

In Vaduz, the Liechtenstein government said only hours before its prime minister Otmar Hasler was to meet Merkel that it would totally reform the tax law in question.

News - Europe: Tax scandal pits Merkel against Liechtenstein

Let's discuss what this is all about in Lichtenstein, It would be interesting to hear what you all have to say, share your opinions.

They still do the checking here in Germany and of course a few tax fraudsters have already found their judge.

Klaus Zumwinkel has lost his job at Deutsche Post and had to pay money back.

By the way your information is from summer 2008.

By the way your information is from summer 2008.
Indeed it is, if he didn't posted it I wouldn't have been aware of its existents, but maybe someone can get up with something which is newer.

At least it was mentioned :)

This is old news but I think it is of importancy for this forum, since many will not know this.

Latest Threads