Our valued sponsor

Dubai Consults On New Tax Legislation

JohnLocke

Administrator
Dec 29, 2008
Europe
Visit site
The regulator of the Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC) has launched a public consultation on a number of legislative amendments, including to bring the tax-free zone's regulatory regime in line with international tax transparency standards.

The DIFC Authority has proposed to amend a number of DIFC laws and regulations through the DIFC Laws Amendment Law, DIFC Law No. 1 of 2013, in order to comply with the requirements set out by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development's Global Forum on Transparency and the Exchange of Information for Tax Purposes, as well as amendments to the Arbitration Law, DIFC Law No.1 of 2008, to align it with the New York Convention.

To meet best standards on tax transparency, the DIFC intends to make amendments to the Companies Law, the General Partnership Law, the General Partnership Regulations, the Limited Partnership Law, and the Limited Liability Partnership Law.

The DIFC Authority is also proposing to include transitional provisions in the Non-Profit Incorporated Organizations Law, DIFC Law No. 6 of 2012, to allow existing non profit organisations to become Non-Profit Incorporated Organizations without having to dissolve and re-incorporate.

Reactions: starfang
So Dubai seems out of question to go offshore unless you are doing millions or close to at least? What I mean is that we read Dubai has very high office and ongoing costs to maintain a company there this among audited accounts and vaious other administrative tasks makes it not very attractive to small IM's as me.

So Dubai seems out of question to go offshore unless you are doing millions or close to at least? What I mean is that we read Dubai has very high office and ongoing costs to maintain a company there this among audited accounts and vaious other administrative tasks makes it not very attractive to small IM's as me.
Pitch perfect! Everything related to UAE seems to be sky high prices. I really wonder if they even have internet or IM based offshore companies

Reactions: JohnLocke
People who consider Dubai as a destination for incorporating their offshore company will have a well going business doing a great amount of profits each months and for them it may not be an issue to pay up to €2000 or 3000 / months for mainting the company since it's till cheaper than pay tax where they are now. Most will even move there to avoid to pay tax at all!

People want to stay anonymous or ide their original address where they live when doing business online. Others may simple want a more complicated company structure which is only possible taking offshore entities into consideration.

It could be and for some businesses that's a great alternative.

Reactions: SasxInc

Latest Threads