Our valued sponsor

Dubai - First Audit Request From DIEZ

in dubai legislation is always m clear and unpredicble, the indian staff is always polite and trained for their job, the tax authorites they are there to help you for solving any question, and if here is any misunderstanding in the aiport they will help you giving you travel ban allowing you to stay till you pay for all your petty mistake, perfect country .
You will pay 9% tax allowing the emir to invest you money with out you having the burden to decide where. should be spend , and relief you of useless things like election and democracy
And all that it's before their ridiculous real estate bubble has popped. Now imagine after...

Reactions: Frankie
And all that it's before their ridiculous real estate bubble has popped. Now imagine after...
Sounds really awful.

But it is somewhat funny how all the people complaining about EU being an "open air prison" moved to a dictatorship that in the span of a few months turned into a 10x much more expensive and strict REAL open air prison. Can't wait to see the first post about a guy jailed for tax evasion in Dubai.

• Haha
Reactions: uranium and jafo
Sounds really awful.

But it is somewhat funny how all the people complaining about EU being an "open air prison" moved to a dictatorship that in the span of a few months turned into a 10x much more expensive and strict REAL open air prison. Can't wait to see the first post about a guy jailed for tax evasion in Dubai.
UAE makes sense if you are a high income earner, trying to scoop of few percentages on your tax bill won't work.

it’s been a busy few days but we managed to find an accountant that would provide audited statements; it was one of the accountancy firms we previously vetted. I also got through to DIEZ who offered a 60 day extension for providing the statements. The other documents must be submitted this week which is no issue.

Reactions: Leo Vanguard
how did you contact DIEZ?

also looking for accountant if anyone can recommend
We just emailed them back to the DIEZ inspection address they contacted us from initially. I tried calling them through both the phone number in the email address and the number on their site but was unable to get through.

I can't comment on the accountant were using yet because they haven't finished the job but I'll be more than happy to tell you who they are if you DM me.

Having lived in UAE for more than 29 years I have learnt that if something was easy, transparent and understandable, it was made difficult, unclear and easily misunderstandable. The reason for this is to levy 'fines', walah you must pay, lazem pay, they need your faloos. The UAE has changed beyond all recognition in the past 5 years or so.
I will give the 'wise and profound' leadership the benefit of the doubt and declare that IMHO they did not wish to make all this mess, but it's a case of (from those institutions that we love so dearly - YES! The REAL thieves of this world) that 'If you want to sit at the top table, you must do as we tell you to'.

Also can't seem to reach you through Dm's, can you possibly DM me. Need an accountant as I got the same message and need they are looking for audit. My deadline is the 8th May 2024.
To summarise: we didn't have the audited statements so requested an extension from DIEZ, they gave us 60 days for the audited accounts portion only - the rest of the requirements had to be submit on time, but that was more-or-less straightforward.

In the end, we reached into the bag of companies we surveyed last year for CIT conformity, there were several that went from pretty high-end (at least we thought) to budget. Our seemingly high-end accountant wasn't able to help with neither the book keeping or audit side of it, so we ended up reaching out to one of the cheaper guys, RVGUAE, and so far so good; fingers crossed, haven't heard anything from DIEZ since submission in mid-March.

As I said, I did an audit because it will be required to close the company not for any other reason.
What did you had to pay for the audit?

To summarise: we didn't have the audited statements so requested an extension from DIEZ, they gave us 60 days for the audited accounts portion only - the rest of the requirements had to be submit on time, but that was more-or-less straightforward.

In the end, we reached into the bag of companies we surveyed last year for CIT conformity, there were several that went from pretty high-end (at least we thought) to budget. Our seemingly high-end accountant wasn't able to help with neither the book keeping or audit side of it, so we ended up reaching out to one of the cheaper guys, RVGUAE, and so far so good; fingers crossed, haven't heard anything from DIEZ since submission in mid-March.
Thanks for the information, it's highly appreciated. Now my first audit journey with DIEZ begins - any other tips you can think of which may help?

Also can't seem to reach you through Dm's, can you possibly DM me. Need an accountant as I got the same message and need they are looking for audit. My deadline is the 8th May 2024.
these audit requests really do seem to increase massively.

What I really don't like about them is that the time to respond is very short and no one nor no where has it been communicated one must prepare them. So you get hit basically out from no where.

It would be much better if they hand this list of required documents upon incorporation and not some random time along the way.

Reactions: Leo Vanguard

Latest Threads