Our valued sponsor

Dubai offer

Hi, I got an opportunity to move to Dubai - my company will support the relocation and offer package worth 80k AED (base salary + allowances). They won't pay for schooling or accommodation. Is 80k a good salary for a family of 3 (myself+wife+son) in Dubai? I am not talking about going out every night and eating in restaurants but more enough to pay for school, car, food, accommodation, bills, gym and some activities for little one and still have some money in the pocket at the end of the month. Thoughts?

Reactions: JohnLocke
Per annum for a good quality life in Dubai:
AED 250.000-300.000 4 Bedroom villa with private pool (a bit more on the Palm e.g. AED350.000).
AED 60.000 (utility bills for the villa - DEWA)
AED 60.000 School (depending on the age)
AED 100.000 groceries
AED 10.000 home internet + 2x mobile phones.

You still have to add restaurants (deliveries work great as well via various apps), alcohol (if you drink), extra activities, car, fuel, furniture, flights etc.

Yes, it's a good salary generally speaking for a comfortable life even with 2-3 kids + putting aside some money.

Per annum for a good quality life in Dubai:
AED 250.000-300.000 4 Bedroom villa with private pool (a bit more on the Palm e.g. AED350.000).
AED 60.000 (utility bills for the villa - DEWA)
AED 60.000 School (depending on the age)
AED 100.000 groceries
AED 10.000 home internet + 2x mobile phones.

You still have to add restaurants (deliveries work great as well via various apps), alcohol (if you drink), extra activities, car, fuel, furniture, flights etc.

Yes, it's a good salary generally speaking for a comfortable life even with 2-3 kids + putting aside some money.
Well if it doesn't need to be the 4 BR Villa on the Palm for a small family with 1 kid you can easily have a good life with the half of the cost you mentioned.

You get plenty of nice town house or apartments with 2-3 BR for max. 200k AED - talking about Address Fountain Views etc.

Then again the utility bills are the half etc.

So if the OP is not looking for a luxury life what you have mentioned then he can easily put 600.000 AED / year aside and still live a very decent life close to anywhere in Dubai.

Latest Threads