Our valued sponsor

Dubai vs Switzerland for Third world country Rich immigrant ?

I tend to roughly agree on your comment. I'm curious on which place(s) you would recommend?

so what’s your choice then?ns2

If you like asia and want proximity to asian countries, SIngapore is great.
If you like europe or want proximity to european countries, Switzerland is good (If you're worth 10m plus), Monaco too, or the islands like Malta/Cyprus (Corrupt banana republics but chill places and low taxes, but even Monaco is corrupt as hell lol google the red cross scandal in Monaco for a good laugh). It really depends on your personality and what you like. Even dubai could be an option though i often see people just buy a condo in dubai and use it as an exit plan in case they have to leave their european country.

For a reason.
Who wants to deliberatetly live in a country that defaults every couple of years, has a high inflation rate and a currency that belongs to the group of "worst store of value"
Oh, I didn't know moving to a country automatically converts all your assets into the currency of said country. Replies like yours < TikTok financial advice.

For $100 million plus....

That's a good chunk of change o_O. As was suggested by @daxbr I would get a second passport above all else. Not sure I would go for an EU one. As if your in the $100m bracket you have a lot more options., Monaco is also not a bad possibility depending on the persons age. Don't bother if they are young.

Oh, I didn't know moving to a country automatically converts all your assets into the currency of said country. Replies like yours < TikTok financial advice.
No advice, just a fact.
With so many better options avaialable in the immediate vincinity, why would anybody want to choose such an unstable jurisdiction. Crime rate in Argentina is also not exactly low.
Even though this is not about taxes, ever changing rules and new regulations add to the inconvenience of living in your favourite country -> Argentina – Taking Steps to Tax Foreign Currency Purchases Made Abroad

No advice, just a fact.
With so many better options avaialable in the immediate vincinity, why would anybody want to choose such an unstable jurisdiction. Crime rate in Argentina is also not exactly low.
Even though this is not about taxes, ever changing rules and new regulations add to the inconvenience of living in your favourite country -> Argentina – Taking Steps to Tax Foreign Currency Purchases Made Abroad
Well is not like anyone cares about the rules there, the government create new taxes and people create new ways to avoid them. I think either if you are low profile wealthy or you have no much money could be a good option, you can take advantage of the crisis there. Just stay away from most the suburbs and the banking system and learn from the locals. I think the biggest downside is if you like to travel is too far away from everything.

No advice, just a fact.
Crime rate is lower than the USA. Those taxes are for Argentinians, not for the rich immigrant living there. Get yourself a big piece of land down south, it's a good escape plan ;).

Reactions: Donsted
100M dude LOL

Safety and tax wise: Dubai or Monaco. Especially if you want to flash your wealth than these are good places as you can drive in RR and wear Rolex without any safety concerns.

If you don't want to flash it and want to live a common/normal life then Switzerland or Netherlands could be good options. Even Austria or even Slovenia might be good options.
It depends if you or that person has family, age and needs.

Forget about all LATM countries (unsafe), US (tax hell, also unsafe), UK (shitty weather).

Not even Argentinians are paying those taxes, they just find ways to avoid it all the time as it should be.
Taking this into context of prevoius posts it means you recommend to move to Argentina, even though knowing about the mess and unfavorable taxes. In you suggest to just "find ways" to avoid this mess and the taxes, i.e. not abiding by the law.
Interesting mentality ban-:;

Those taxes are for Argentinians, not for the rich immigrant living there.
Argentine tax law applies to tax resident individuals. The tax law defines Argentine tax residency accordingly.
With regards to 5232/2022 and 5272/2022 they are indeed targeted towards companies and residents who purchase abraod (and/or v.v.). Nevertheless, as an individual you might still get trapped in this mess due to the wording of 5272/2022. Look it up in detail.
At the end all this is an unnecessary inconvenience which is not worth moving to Argentina. Much better options available just next door (if someone really wants to live in South America).

The more money you have, the more u should look for a place where you have the possibility to use your money for your happiness & entertainment.

West EU, even with alot of money the entertainment, service is very shitty. Most bimbo's working anywhere are super entitled / rude. Too many rules to keep the people supressed.
Propably US is the same?

E.g. Dubai, Great service/entertainment literally everywhere. People start dancing for you for money, you can easily live like a King.

____

What do u guys think of South Spain, around Marbella?

Beautifully sea view villas with swimming pool for 1M. Much entertainment.

If you prefer to have land under your feet, you can find good ready to move in islands for $30-50m, or buy an undeveloped one for $5-10m and have fun in the process of shaping it into your own bubble.
Having a lot of money and little imagination is sad.
I think that would get boring quick.

Reactions: troubled soul
West EU, even with alot of money the entertainment, service is very shitty
Service in EU countries is bad and always was bad. EU citizens are not service oriented due to being entitled by nature.
Too many rules to keep the people supressed.
Everybody knows that, which begs the question: Why do you ask for this (?) ->
What do u guys think of South Spain, around Marbella?

Beautifully sea view villas with swimming pool for 1M. Much entertainment.
That's a contradiction in itself: If entertainment and service in the EU are bad (which indeed they are!), why do you want to look for a villa in Southern Spain (it's "West EU", too ;))
Propably US is the same?
No, it is not the same. Compared to the EU customer service in the USA is excellent (probably the best on Planet Earth), people are hard working for their money and are very competitive.
Entertainment is also way better than in Europe.
Overall the US is probably the best place to live on Planet Earth, if you can/want afford it.
People start dancing for you for money, you can easily live like a King.
If it's just because of that, add Thailand to your list of money dancers.
However, do you really need (dishonest) admiration?

Overall the US is probably the best place to live on Planet Earth, if you can/want afford it.
I can afford it, have family there, have often been there for months and have seen more of the country than any local, but voluntarily prefer to stay in the Western EU. And now?

Incidentally, this is also the view of many Americans, who are increasingly emigrating to the EU, e.g. to Portugal, the California of the EU.

Good food for thought!.

At the end, in my opionion, this is the optimal life and important:

-Real estate: Living in good place, enjoy with family
-Weather: sunny place, how fun is rain/cold all the time?
-Entertainment: U go out a few days a week, entertainment/restaurants should be the best
-Business: No high tax
-Pleasure: Have some nice cars to enjoy (Some places expensice af)
-Pleasure: Have some hobbies (cool gyms/sports around)

Optional:
-Live in a central place, so most travel destinations are not too far

What else is there to add to this list?

Curious about you guys opinions about this!

That's a contradiction in itself: If entertainment and service in the EU are bad (which indeed they are!), why do you want to look for a villa in Southern Spain (it's "West EU", too ;))
Honestly service/entertainment pretty good around there.

Not sure if it's more 'poor countries' that the service is better.
(Spain average person isnt wealthy)

And it's sunny.

Where in the US do u like the most?

I can afford it, have family there, have often been there for months and have seen more of the country than any local, but voluntarily prefer to stay in the Western EU. And now?

Incidentally, this is also the view of many Americans, who are increasingly emigrating to the EU, e.g. to Portugal, the California of the EU.
Why do u prefer West EU?

Latest Threads