Our valued sponsor

Dutch noob looking for a cheap entity to test several business ideas.

I'm here to do some research on how I can setup an entity the cheapest way to test several business ideas I have. I am now reading about creating UK LTD that costs only £13,-. Why do I care about it being cheap? Well I'm broke. I want to put in work. I have several ideas and need to keep it low cost untill I can find the right idea that works for me and after making some money I can then invest in incorporating in the ideal place regardless of costs. I live in The Netherlands and therefor I am also researching on how I can comply with Dutch law.

That's me. If you are interested in the same subject, don't hesitate to contact me. Thank you guys and I love the forum!!

Reactions: alain and GameBoy
You can form a sole proprietorship in NL, or a limited partnership (CV).

Remember UK is cheap to set up but afterwards the compliance costs are high.

I set up a CV in Netherlands with an offshore company as one partner and an EU resident individual nominee (Portugal) as the other and it is working great so far. It is tax free in NL provided there is no local income and it has a far better reputation for banking than Scottish Limited Partnerships etc. I opened EMI and Stripe accounts without any problem.

Reactions: CaptK
I'm here to do some research on how I can setup an entity the cheapest way to test several business ideas I have. I am now reading about creating UK LTD that costs only £13,-. Why do I care about it being cheap? Well I'm broke. I want to put in work. I have several ideas and need to keep it low cost untill I can find the right idea that works for me and after making some money I can then invest in incorporating in the ideal place regardless of costs. I live in The Netherlands and therefor I am also researching on how I can comply with Dutch law.

That's me. If you are interested in the same subject, don't hesitate to contact me. Thank you guys and I love the forum!!

That's me. If you are interested in the same subject, don't hesitate to contact me. Thank you guys an

i would like to get some ideas too from your replies
d I love the forum!!

I am on the same frequency. I would like to test the waters first but also comply with all laws, because certain countries from what I understand can find out alot information about startups and they will soon catchup, if you have anything to share on the forum I woukd be grateful. I very close to establishing my first startup but my concern is what if its a huge cost factor then I may aswell just start establish my startup that is not on my governments list of DTA's. Share some ideas please.

I am on the same frequency. I would like to test the waters first but also comply with all laws, because certain countries from what I understand can find out alot information about startups and they will soon catchup, if you have anything to share on the forum I woukd be grateful. I very close to establishing my first startup but my concern is what if its a huge cost factor then I may aswell just start establish my startup that is not on my governments list of DTA's. Share some ideas please.
Hi Rprox,

Which jurisdiction are you considering? Cyprus would be a cost effective solution, with excellent tax incentives, and the services offered in Cyprus are of very high quality at a lower cost compared to other jurisdictions. Also the cost of incorporating and administering a company in Cyprus is considerably low.

Reactions: Leo Saic

I set up a CV in Netherlands with an offshore company as one partner and an EU resident individual nominee (Portugal) as the other and it is working great so far. It is tax free in NL provided there is no local income and it has a far better reputation for banking than Scottish Limited Partnerships etc. I opened EMI and Stripe accounts without any problem.
What are the costs associated with such structure?

Hi Rprox,

Which jurisdiction are you considering? Cyprus would be a cost effective solution, with excellent tax incentives, and the services offered in Cyprus are of very high quality at a lower cost compared to other jurisdictions. Also the cost of incorporating and administering a company in Cyprus is considerably low.
Hi @CyprusLaw thanks for the reply, I have been considering the UK but its not set in stone though, but based on what I am reading in the forum Cyprus seems to be a good candidate which I have no knowledge of, thanks I will reach out to some service providers in Cyprusn are there any specific service provider or company firmation agency that you would recommend?

Hi @CyprusLaw thanks for the reply, I have been considering the UK but its not set in stone though, but based on what I am reading in the forum Cyprus seems to be a good candidate which I have no knowledge of, thanks I will reach out to some service providers in Cyprusn are there any specific service provider or company firmation agency that you would recommend?
Yes of course is it ok to PM you?

so who is the ruling partner of the cv? needs to register for social contributions? who is this nominee? and where is the income generated from?

Reactions: Jerry1911

@bizniz, can you provide an example of compliance costs in the UK, maybe elaborate a little based on your knowledge or experience please? Give me an example of compliance costs please, I noticed the UK agencies are cheap but the agent cannot advise on these other costs involved. I really do not want to waste my money but I have to do extensive research. Please reply

You can only set up one sole proprietorship (eenmanszaak) in The Netherlands which makes it not an option for me. CV won't work for me because you are personal liability and you need a partner.

What kind of costs do you mean that come up with a british LTD/LLP?

b2b service contracts. businesses send invoices. is that something new to you?
I wouldn't be setting up an entity for something before I am even close to sending my first invoice. An individual can send an invoice no problem.

You admitted in your first post you're essentially clueless, so take my advice and don't bother incorporating in the UK for a non-existent business.

If you can get a client, and they are willing to pay you, figure out the incorporation stuff later down the line.

Reactions: Silvio
I wouldn't be setting up an entity for something before I am even close to sending my first invoice. An individual can send an invoice no problem.

You admitted in your first post you're essentially clueless, so take my advice and don't bother incorporating in the UK for a non-existent business.

If you can get a client, and they are willing to pay you, figure out the incorporation stuff later down the line.
I'm not here for business advice. I'm here for incorporating advice. Very specific. Thank you though.

100% agree, I met so many people worry about taxes before they made a cent. Usually it's a form of procrastination

Reactions: polonieth

Latest Threads