Our valued sponsor

Easiest countries to get and keep tax residency

Why ask again what has been asked (and explained) just two hours ago in this very same thread ... :rolleyes:

If you are entitled to receive an ordinary tax residence certificate, this has to be applied for via RS online portal. GE does not maintain individual "application" centers anymore. There is only one remaining physical contact point (public office), mostly for businesses. Everything else is automated.
That said, GE only issues an ordinary tax residence certificate based on presence. You cannot apply for a certificate based on a specific country /DTT, mentioned in such certificate.

Belarus will not accept a HNWI tax certificate of GE. Just read what has been posted in this thread and you will understand.
Look for ordinary residency. Of course, you will have to pay taxes due to PE rules.
You were asked, like, three times, why you call it useless and keep repeating that it's useless without any explanation. And now this wrong info regarding PE. Ok, I got it, you just don't know what you are talking about.

@Alenka, not sure specifically regarding Belarus' rules (guess you should be fine), but US LLC will not be considered liable for Georgian taxes. PE rules kick in if you are managing the company from the territory of Georgia, not if it is managed by resident of Georgia. You are good being a resident legally/tax-wide and spending near-0 time in the country. Just paid a few hundred bucks to a lawyer last week to confirm that. If you are going to recheck, have somebody translate the Georgian text of the tax code as published English/Russian version is confusing.

I'm looking to travel in the next year without getting any tax residency, like perpetual traveler. But my citizenship country (Belarus) makes me pay tax in Belarus if I don't have any other country's tax residency. Even if I spend 0 days in the year in Belarus I must pay taxes in Belarus if I don't have any other country's tax residency.

From tax code: "if an individual is not a tax resident of any state, including the Republic of Belarus, then he is recognized as a tax resident of the Republic of Belarus, if in the calendar year for which tax residency is determined, he has citizenship of the Republic of Belarus or a permanent residence permit in the Republic of Belarus (type for residence)."

For that purpose I wanted to get HNWI tax residency in Georgia. I have US LLC and interested if it keeps to be pass-through and be eligible for 0% taxes. I think Georgia might consider my US LLC as Georgian entity in that case and tax it, despite the fact that I will live 0 or something like 0 days in Georgia. There is no office, workers are working remotely without contracts, so that the entity can not be tax residency of other countries.

How you think, will it work in my case in order to pay 0% tax legally?
If you establish tax residence in Georgia, your US LLC would be exposed to the risk of needing to register a permanent establishment in Georgia. This way you would need to pay tax (15% CIT) only when you distribute the profits from the Georgian PE, so it can remain effectively 0% if you never withdraw anything.

You were asked, like, three times, why you call it useless and keep repeating that it's useless without any explanation.
1. For @Meta :
Georgia wouldn't be suitable for the OP anyway: He has to live in GE for at least 183 days in any 12 months rolling period to be considered "ordinary tax resident".
The so-called HNWI which is hyped by so many dubious expat-consultancies is completely worthless for international tax purposes.
2. For @Meta :
Belarus will not accept a HNWI tax certificate of GE.
3. For @Meta :
Already during the times of the old, handwritten HNWI tax certificate, that certificate could not be used for DTT purposes. It is not issued in accordance with DTT Art. 4, hence was useless. furthermore, no foreign tax authority accepted it since it was a visual deviation from the known ordinary tax residence certificate.
4. For @Meta :
The new computerized HNWI certificate even clearly states that it has been granted based on income/capital investment in the country.
The rest you find here -> https://www.oecd.org/tax/automatic-exchange/crs-implementation-and-assistance/tax-residency/

Considering the above, it seems you are suffering from severe reading difficulties. Of course, I'll bear with you.
ki#¤%
----------------------------------------------------------------

And now this wrong info regarding PE.
Nothing wrong with it. Learn to read in context: ORDINARY ->
Look for ordinary residency. Of course, you will have to pay taxes due to PE rules.

not sure specifically regarding Belarus' rules (guess you should be fine),
Make yourself familiar with the case. Study the applicable DTT.
Thereafter even you will understand that your above sentence is nothing more than dangerous bla-bla.
Never "guess" stupi#21 when it comes to taxation!

Correct in theory and the risk is there, of which one should remain mindful as things may change. In present reality, no one is bothering wealthy foreigners who otherwise keep a low profile and behave.

You can add Mauritius to this list, with an asterisk. They have the 183 days rule, but also a rule about Mauritius being your primary/permanent home.
Mauritius has also a non dom rule like cyrpus

Reactions: backpacker
Hello, I am a Canadian citizen.

I wish to become a nomad. Travel around for a few years and not stay anywhere for longer then a few months.
During this time I want to drop my Canadian tax residency, but to my knowledge I need to be tax resident somewhere else.

Which other countries are easiest to obtain and keep tax residency?
I prefer not to invest or go through a lot of hoops to obtain this residency.
Country preferences: Asia>Eastern EU>Middle East>Others
Goes without saying but the country should not tax foreign sourced income that doesn't touch the country.

(sorry if another topic answers this question, kindly leave a link if you know a topic I've missed, thanks )
I am also Canadian and looking to move.
I'm in the process of opening up a bank account in Cyprus, will be applying under Category 'F' Visa.
Seems to match the requirements you outlined but it has become a 3-4 year process.

1. For @Meta :

2. For @Meta :

3. For @Meta :

4. For @Meta :

Considering the above, it seems you are suffering from severe reading difficulties. Of course, I'll bear with you.
ki#¤%

Nothing wrong with it. Learn to read in context: ORDINARY ->

Make yourself familiar with the case. Study the applicable DTT.
Thereafter even you will understand that your above sentence is nothing more than dangerous bla-bla.
Never "guess" stupi#21 when it comes to taxation!
The double taxation treaty is relevant when there is a case for double taxation. For example you live in one country and receive income from the second country. In case both countries have a claim on that income then the DTT treaty will kick in. In most cases it is absolutely irrelevant.
If you are traveling around, just need to put some tax residency on the bank form - HNWI residency is good.
If you need a tax residency certificate to "check out" from your home country, local regulation is what matters. They may have some additional requirements, a few countries don't allow you to leave for offshore heavens for example, but it does not have anything to do with DTT in most cases.
If you are not tax resident somewhere else and want to sell your US stocks tax free - you are fine. US does not tax that income at source and for Georgia it will be foreign-sourced, not taxable.

Do you really think that when asked "why is it useless?" you just repeat your own messages stating "it is useless" and that's a good explanation? It reminds me of some interactions with bank monkeys.
- Why is the transfer not sent?
- According to our internal KYC/AML policy the provided documents were not satisfactory.
- What do you need?
- As I already told you, the policy is internal so the Bank can not provide any more details.

when asked "why is it useless?" you just repeat your own messages
Yep, because it has already been answered.
stating "it is useless" and that's a good explanation?
Yes, because it has already been explained.
All your lengthy bla-bla is just a repetition of what can already be found in this forum.
With one difference: Former posters just wrote about facts and stayed away from "guessing".
So choose your words more wisely.