Our valued sponsor

Easiest way to legally do an IDO?

Billybob69

Aug 8, 2022
Nowhere
Visit site
Can anybody name jurisdictions where it will be legal and straightforward to do an IDO? I have met a team that actually did this in the UK, where FCSC compliance should be required to issue a coin, however their explanation was that the issuing of the coin/token was performed by an autonomous system (that being the blockchain/smart contracts). Does anyone have any contacts who can help me find out more about this and whether such reasoning is going to be sufficient?

Can anybody name jurisdictions where it will be legal and straightforward to do an IDO? I have met a team that actually did this in the UK, where FCSC compliance should be required to issue a coin, however their explanation was that the issuing of the coin/token was performed by an autonomous system (that being the blockchain/smart contracts). Does anyone have any contacts who can help me find out more about this and whether such reasoning is going to be sufficient?
Smart Contract Issuance basically means ETH (example) in-> Token Out -> you would need to write a smartcontract.

The problem then ofcourse, perhaps you get an American, Canadian etc purchase....

Becomes an absolute nightmare...

UK Law doesn't have any issues with a ICO, IDO etc...

All completely legal, but for obvious reasons you move to Cayman, Bahamas, BVI etc and do there for tax reasons for the company.

In addition you ensure your purchasers don't have dual nationality, are not tax payers, do not have immigration cards for, do not live in the US, are not operating through a overseas corp for a US entity, person etc.

Then on top of that you don't use US Vendors (Amazon, Google, FB, Twitter, etc) -> use Chinese alternatives for technology stack, and where social media is concerned you do absolutely no hyping and you can restrict audience (i.e FB) country wide to block US Citizens etc
And lastly you don't use $, CHF or bank with US Banking corporations, CHF routes through SDNY which gives a nexos.

You ensure all marketing, KYC, AML etc routes out those aspects.

Oh and lastly, make sure there isn't a yank working at the APEX in your organisation, if there is throw them under the bus.

~ I read every court docket so you don't have to, to get a understanding outside of the sheer lack of clarity suffice to say those are the routes to market above and it all depends on whether you are unlucky to be targeted because just one American gets through.

Last edited:
Reactions: Billybob69