Our valued sponsor

Question EASY bank in USA

Pro Member
Apr 10, 2021
Panama
Visit site
Can someone recommend me an easy bank for company (outside US) use located in the US and considered solid/safe .
Trying to switch my billing process from an EU bank to a more safer US bank to have no problems during a banking crisis

Aren't you qualified enough to talk about your experience?
I am not qualified to give tax or legal advice.
Every situation is different. In my case, I don’t have employees/offices/storage in the US. I only have one business partner who pays royalties/commissions. Those payments are subject to the DTA between the US and the other country.

Reactions: Marzio
There is at a U.S. bank (we work with them a lot) that will open business account for a non-US business entity.

Citibank, Chase, Wells Fargo will only will only open an account for a a U.S. entity but it could be owned or controlled by a non-resident.
Qualifying/registering a foreign company in the U.S. won't do it for these banks.

Generally, registering a foreign company in the U.S. (in some states it is referred to as receiving Authority to Transact, in others receive Foreign Qualification, etc.) is tricky from the taxation point of view. Such US presnce may well be regarded by the IRS as a branch of a foreign corporation.

Lastly, if you are looking for a personal account a number of banks will open one for you as a non-resident.

In this case are there any requirements?

The standard documents requested are:
Completed questionnaire plus:

For the entity:
- Company formation documents
- Company tax ID (EIN)
Note: if the US company is owned by another company (US or foreign), trust, etc. you'd need to provide company documents and proof of ownership for each entity in the chain until the ultimate beneficial owner

For the beneficiary:
- Passport
- Secondary ID such as National ID card, driver's license, US Visa
- Proof of address; preferably in the form of recent utility bill
- US SSN or ITIN - ONLY IF YOU HAVE ONE.

In addition to the above, Chase, Wells Fargo, Bank of America require proof of a U.S. address for both company and the owner/signer. You can use the same address if company is home-based .
business.

Lastly, you will need to visit a branch in person.

Latest Threads