Our valued sponsor

EMI & CRS/AEOI locations

What's wrong with you? EMI are reporting the sh** out of you.
EMI are regulated body, taking deposit, moving money etc... this also works for online brokers etc... they report.
No, CRS laws does not qualify EMIs as banks aka financial institutions since they are not depositors. Your argument is invalid. EMIs report only if they are registered as banks unless laws have changed since 2016.

Online brokers do not have obligation to report as per CRS.

No, CRS laws does not qualify EMIs as banks aka financial institutions since they are not depositors. Your argument is invalid. EMIs report only if they are registered as banks unless laws have changed since 2016.

Online brokers do not have obligation to report as per CRS.
Well, I had accounts at LeoPay (EMI) and they did report them to my country's taxman under AEOI.

Reactions: Dubsize
It's depend of local regulation.

UK:
Electronic Money Institutions authorised under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011 (EMR), which implements the European Union Electronic Money Directive (2009/110/EC) (EMD) in the UK, are not deposit takers for the purposes of the EU Capital Requirements Directive (2013/36/EU) (CRD). Issuing electronic money (e-money) in exchange for funds, i.e. providing an e-money account in which to hold funds, does not constitute deposit taking. Consequently, Electronic Money Institutions will not fall within the definition of Depository Institution, which requires deposits to be accepted in the ordinary course of a banking or similar business.

Malta:
It's more complicated:

Was on holiday so missed a lot of the conversations but I am back now thu&¤#

Yup forget avoiding CRS via EMI's unless located in non-CRS country obviously. Some EMI's may have decided to do correct action and report already. Others such as transferwise are still deciding.

Reactions: Osleak
Was on holiday so missed a lot of the conversations but I am back now thu&¤#

Yup forget avoiding CRS via EMI's unless located in non-CRS country obviously. Some EMI's may have decided to do correct action and report already. Others such as transferwise are still deciding.

Yes i’ ve read on the FAQ of transferwise about it, but the question is, they will report also retroactively?

And if i change residence with UAE visa they will exchange with the UAE or old government?

Latest Threads