Our valued sponsor

EMI for Colombians

ivanD20

May 14, 2022
Italy
Visit site
Advising a nursing home in Colombia how they can market themselves in USA. Wise is no go. Can receive Usd but not transfer back to local bank accounts. Could ach to brokerage (interactive br) then do swift but complicated setup. Any solutions?

Any reason why an EMI?

Why not just us a bank like ItalBank in Puerto Rico? They come with US ABA code.

Advising a nursing home in Colombia how they can market themselves in USA. Wise is no go. Can receive Usd but not transfer back to local bank accounts. Could ach to brokerage (interactive br) then do swift but complicated setup. Any solutions?
Bitcoin with Lightning, maybe with the Strike app? Strike - A more connected world
Maybe it is available in Colombia as well. It is in US.

Thanks for the suggestion. I was thinking along those lines. I already have a strike account, though I have not used it in about 9 months.

I'll look into Strike and post my findings to this board for others.

Any reason why an EMI?

Why not just us a bank like ItalBank in Puerto Rico? They come with US ABA code.
Martin, Thanks for the tip. Looks promising. This would definitely be the way to go if they allow the debit card to be used in Colombia or allow SWIFT transfers out. I'll contact them tomorrow.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion. I was thinking along those lines. I already have a strike account, though I have not used it in about 9 months.

I'll look into Strike and post my findings to this board for others.

Martin, Thanks for the tip. Looks promising. This would definitely be the way to go if they allow the debit card to be used in Colombia or allow SWIFT transfers out. I'll contact them tomorrow.
Cool. I follow Strike but sadly it is not available for me.

Or setup a US LLC for which you can get a bank acc in USA? Your nursing home owns the US LLC and you may or may not remit the funds needed back to Colombia.