Our valued sponsor

EMI for Maltese company

bandanna

Apr 1, 2023
World
Visit site
Hi,

I’m looking for recommendations around EMIs working with Malta based company holding funds both USD and EUR?

I saw Airwallex, Wamo, Finductive, Fyorin and others. Do you recommend any of those? Or others you are familiar with?

Both Wise and Revolut don’t work with businesses in Malta at the moment.

Thanks!

Thanks for your answer.

I messaged Wise Business team, they are not onboarding anymore companies in Malta, and not taking any exceptions.

Intergiro not accepting anymore clients from anywhere basically lol.

I’ll check Airwallex thanks!

I came across other EMIs like Wamo, Bankera, Fyorin, Finductive … none seem to have as low pricing as Wise/Revolut.

Bankera is fine with Maltese companies, have you tried them?
@Gediminas is the one to ask for help for bankera when reading the forum his name shows up everywhere when it¨s about bankera.

I’ll check Airwallex thanks!

I came across other EMIs like Wamo, Bankera, Fyorin, Finductive … none seem to have as low pricing as Wise/Revolut.
Check Currenxie, too. It works IMO better than Airwallex and it's quite cheap.

Last edited:
Reactions: Creocree
Finductive. They require supporting documentation for literally every transaction, can be uploaded when setting up transfers, but run smooth.
Hi there, could you possibly share what fees Finductive is charging your Maltese business, please?

Check Currenxie, too. It works IMO better than Airwallex and it's quite cheap.
A problem I've had with Currenxie and a Maltese company account is that it seems to be impossible to obtain anything more than their Hong Kong multi-currency account. Applying for their UK or EU EUR accounts goes no where.

Hi,

I’m looking for recommendations around EMIs working with Malta based company holding funds both USD and EUR?

I saw Airwallex, Wamo, Finductive, Fyorin and others. Do you recommend any of those? Or others you are familiar with?

Both Wise and Revolut don’t work with businesses in Malta at the mome
You can open a multi-currency bank account at Amnis. Amnis is an Austrian Neo bank. European company can open a bank account in amnis.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231224_201755_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231224_201755_Chrome.jpg
    489.7 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: bandanna and aragon
Well, I am convinced that the pricing should not be the only criteria when selecting the bank account provider, definitely. (For more re: Revolut/Wise, search here ;) )
Bankera is fine with Maltese companies, have you tried them?
AFAIK, Bankera can onboard clients from really various jurisdictions, it's true. It is also true that they do not onboard everyone and ther onboarding policy is everything but transparent. Account suspensions seem to happen unpredictably, too.
A problem I've had with Currenxie and a Maltese company account is that it seems to be impossible to obtain anything more than their Hong Kong multi-currency account. Applying for their UK or EU EUR accounts goes no where.
TBMK, you cannot have an EUR account with Currenxie if you are an EU-located company. But as an EU-located company you can have e.g. USD, CAD, JPY, SGD etc. local accounts (in addition to a HK multi-currency account).
You can open a multi-currency bank account at Amnis. Amnis is an Austrian Neo bank. European company can open a bank account in amnis.
Just a tiny correction: Amnis is not a (neo)bank but an EMI (this is nothing wrong). It is located in Switzerland and has a Liechtenstein EMI licence, i.e. no Austria. But it is backed up by Austrian Erste Bank and has offices in CH, LI, AU, NL and CZ. And yes, an european company can open an account with them and it reportedly goes quite smooth if company's business seems OK. For more details try to look here Amnis Treasury - Sounds Too Good?.
DM seems restricted here.
With a Mentor Group Gold / Mentor Group Light / Bronze Membership you can PM any another forum user immediately.

Last edited:
AFAIK, Bankera can onboard clients from really various jurisdictions, it's true. It is also true that they do not onboard everyone and ther onboarding policy is everything but transparent. Account suspensions seem to happen unpredictably, too.
Yes, Bankera is a bit unpredictable. Higher risk appetite usually equals higher total risk as well. But, you
TBMK, you cannot have an EUR account with Currenxie if you are an EU-located company. But as an EU-located company you can have e.g. USD, CAD, JPY, SGD etc. local accounts (in addition to a HK multi-currency account).
Since Currenxie doesn't have an EU license, can I ask (although off-topic), through what bank do they provide EU local accounts for non-EU businesses? And are the accounts still in Currenxie's name? I know that they used to have HK accounts (I think it was at Citi HK) where the beneficiary was like Currenxie - COMPANYNAME which was a bit problematic for me, but I'm pretty sure they got rid of that in HK and would like to know if it's still that way with the EU accounts and through what bank they are offered.
Just a tiny correction: Amnis is not a (neo)bank but an EMI (this is nothing wrong). It is located in Switzerland and has a Liechtenstein EMI licence, i.e. no Austria. But it is backed up by Austrian Erste Bank and has offices in CH, LI, AU, NL and CZ. And yes, an european company can open an account with them and it reportedly goes quite smooth if company's business seems OK. For more details try to look here Amnis Treasury - Sounds Too Good?.
One more tiny correction (haha), Amnis is not an EMI but a PI. The first in Liechtenstein actually. They aren't able to offer their own IBANs or actually any funds directly from their side and that's most likely the reason they are backed by a bank.

Yes, Bankera is a bit unpredictable. Higher risk appetite usually equals higher total risk as well.
Well, exactly.
? :)
Currenxie doesn't have an EU license, can I ask (although off-topic), through what bank do they provide EU local accounts for non-EU businesses?
Citi UK, AFAIK.
And are the accounts still in Currenxie's name?
My speculation see below :)
I know that they used to have HK accounts (I think it was at Citi HK)
Yes, it was.
where the beneficiary was like Currenxie - COMPANYNAME
Exactly.
which was a bit problematic for me, but I'm pretty sure they got rid of that in HK
Yes, I can confirm. And the accounts you obtain are still with Citi HK.
and would like to know if it's still that way with the EU accounts and through what bank they are offered.
Well, I guess that it can mimic the HK situation, as (nowadays) it is with the Citi as well. (They were with LHV before for EUR accounts.) But it is really just my speculation :)
Anyone else having more info?
One more tiny correction (haha), Amnis is not an EMI but a PI.
You are truly right. I have just re-checked it with the EBA register (EUCLID - Register, FWIW). Sorry, I simply did not remember it well, for the first time. Thanks for the correction.
The first in Liechtenstein actually. They aren't able to offer their own IBANs or actually any funds directly from their side and that's most likely the reason they are backed by a bank.
Agreeing.

Reactions: ilke
Using Wamo for now, so far Ok. Also the app and overall UX is nice.

Compliance can be tough here and there, but they’re relatively responsive through the chat.

Airwallex didn’t like me. I’ll check currenxie for USD and Amnis too.