Our valued sponsor

EMI no CRS

So is there any EMI with IBAN that doesn't report to CRS lol
There are some countries, which use IBAN system for bank accounts numbering and are not members of CRS. But better than using their services is to move yout residency to the country, which is not a CRS country, or move your residency to the country which is CRS country, but has a territorial personal income tax regime.

Reactions: uplana
I am also interested in the following question:

Now Russia and Lithuania do not exchange tax information, despite the fact that both states are members of the CRS.

If both states sign a bilateral agreement on the exchange, let's say in 2022 - will the information be transferred from previous years, or only from the moment of signing the agreement? \

Does the CRS regulate something in this case?

Who can tell what?

Reactions: IllIlllIII
Lithuania doesn't participate in CRS ?
Is there source for that information ?
In our experience that's not correct. All the Lithuanian EMI we already worked with told us after request that they collect the clients data for purpose of tax information exchange. Only few collect really the TIN but all mentioned us they participate in exchange of informations.

I can imagine that local tax authorities only go after the big fishes using such EMI's but this will change for sure in the future because the countires need money after COVID-19.

So there are two ways - first get you a CRS shielding tax residency outside EU and open accounts with this residence or second if you can't effort the first way you are most likely a small fish and nobody goes after you.

Reactions: Alex Fr and Fred
Reactions: Btraveler
I have recently asked the same question to BitSafe support. They have Dutch license, so that's EU.
And they have answered me this:

"Although the Netherlands is part of the CRS agreement, Bitsafe is not a bank
and not required to do so. However, we are legally required to provide any
information that is requested by official, governmental agencies. It will always
go through the Dutch authorities and never be reported directly to any other
governmental organization.
"
conclusion may be like this, if they are not licensed and operate as bank, they have no obligations to report.

90% won't report you because there's no bank account opened in your name. The funds you deposit/receive are held and kept in the EMI bank account on your behalf. It is like a power of attorney that allows you to have control of your funds.
that's an important part of information.

Unfortunately Wise don't accept crypto deposits. What EMI with no CRS and crypto deposits would you recommend now?
open a new thread, you are getting off topic!

90% won't report you because there's no bank account opened in your name. The funds you deposit/receive are held and kept in the EMI bank account on your behalf. It is like a power of attorney that allows you to have control of your funds.
So we hope you never pick the 10% that are going to report you. But you are right, many are not reporting as it is right now.

There are some countries, which use IBAN system for bank accounts numbering and are not members of CRS. But better than using their services is to move yout residency to the country, which is not a CRS country, or move your residency to the country which is CRS country, but has a territorial personal income tax regime.
best advise also for 2022!

Dear friends, I ask you two questions:

can you please tell me some EMIs that do not perform automatic exchange of information (CRS)? I am not interested in EMI with IBAN from Eastern Europe.

I know and use TransferWise, on their website they claim that they do not exchange information, but will it be true? I can trust?

Hello to all!!!
I just asked Hong Kong based EMIs currenxie , neat, statrys. All replied that since they are technically considered neither banks nor financial institutions requiring reporting they do not report under CRS .They don't disclose UBO of any business account with them to any govt.