Our valued sponsor

EMI that offers business AUD and NZD accounts.

I am looking for an EMI that offers AUD and NZD accounts, for a GmbH registered in Liechtenstein. I have an account with Revolut, would register with Wise but I cannot speak ape language.
+1 :)
Any suggestions are appreciated.
It's unclear to me whether you want only to (have and) operate with AUD & NZD or whether you want also send and receive payments in these currencies as you were a local.
Nevertheless:
#1 Currenxie (local payments in AUD only, IIRC)
#2 Zen.com (only SWIFT payments)
#3 Airwallex (local payments in AUD & NZD but their service is apparently getting worse for a remarkable time).

Reactions: diatessaron
Thank you. I forgot to mention, I need to use it as a local, so no SWIFT. Currenxie as you said has AUD only. Zen.com won't work because of SWIFT, Dukascopy offers the same SWIFT transfers. As for Airwallex, they support both but I've seen a lot of bad reviews about them, considering the fact that this account will receive a lot of small to medium transfers I have a feeling Airwallex will be a pain to use.

Thank you. I forgot to mention, I need to use it as a local, so no SWIFT. Currenxie as you said has AUD only.
Yes, unfortunately. I've just checked.
As for Airwallex, they support both but I've seen a lot of bad reviews about them, considering the fact that this account will receive a lot of small to medium transfers I have a feeling Airwallex will be a pain to use.
Well, for such a use-case it's perhaps worth trying. Their onboarding team sucks and their compliance begun to fabricate problems with remarkable transfers but with (even a lot of) small to medium transfers you might slip well under the radar... Of course if you win to onboard.

Otherwise, at this moment I have no better idea :(. Maybe some another member?

(Just to add, I'm not sure about Neat. They do not have much reputation FMPOV but I admit that I do not possess any detailed knowledge re: Neat. But as a HK EMI, they might work with AUD & NZD. Perhaps worth checking?)

I'll give Airwallex a try as you suggested, however, I'd still like more suggestions, so if anyone else is reading this please let me know if there's someone out there that can provide this for me.

I just checked Neat, well not their website directly but one which reviews EMIs and apparently Neat does not accept companies registered in the EEA. It's only for some countries in Asia-Oceania.

Reactions: Forester
I have been denied by Airwallex and Currenxie. Tried to register a UK Ltd. and this is what I got.

airwallex.PNG

currenxie.PNG

I have been denied by Airwallex and Currenxie. Tried to register a UK Ltd. and this is what I got.

View attachment 4932

View attachment 4933
Wow. Re: Airwallex it is, unfortunately, not a big surprise for me; but Currenxie... Could you share what business are you into? (I'm thinking about one solution but I'm still not sure.)
P.S. I presume that the UK Ltd. is a non-resident one, correct?

Wow. Re: Airwallex it is, unfortunately, not a big surprise for me; but Currenxie... Could you share what business are you into? (I'm thinking about one solution but I'm still not sure.)
P.S. I presume that the UK Ltd. is a non-resident one, correct?
Yes, the Ltd. is a non-resident one. We offer hardware and software development. Got a Payoneer account approved but that's B2B only.

Where is your Ltd. resident?
Montenegro.

For future reference: WorldFirst, one of the EMIs that I applied for asked to verify my account by sending a transfer to my WF account from a high street bank in UK (because it's a UK Ltd). They offer transfers like a local and have some of the best fees I've seen so far.

Last edited:
What do the taxes look like for your company? Are you based in Montenegro or are you using local directors? Nominee directors?
I'm not based in Montenegro, using local directors. Montenegro has a double tax treaty, I'm not familiar at all with how their tax system works other than the fact that they have a double tax treaty with UK and the director pays an extra 15% just because she lives in Podgorica, it's 13% for other cities.

Reactions: JustAnotherNomad
Montenegro.

For future reference: WorldFirst, one of the EMIs that I applied for asked to verify my account by sending a transfer to my WF account from a high street bank in UK (because it's a UK Ltd). They offer transfers like a local and have some of the best fees I've seen so far.
I'm not sure whether your situation was or was not solved in the meantime; but I've sent you a PM :)

Latest Threads